Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Never again publicly release alpha test version

More
14 years 11 months ago #11 by holylandgateway.com
@sozzled man you are so not unfriendly today *wink* - but at least you are very much truthful *thumb up*.

The problem isn't that the alpha release was available to public, it is the way it was announced. When I went to search JED I found it in the same place with the stable version, and I guess that many people were so very excited that they didn't even read (or... read what they wanted to read) before downloading or didn't understand the terminology *cough* n00bs *cough* - something that was not considered - as JED is mainly an RC+ level software source.

Usually all alpha releases are published separately (available to all but in a different section). Publishing a stable and an alpha test on the same page and same occasion is the best recipe for the mess that had just happened. (Imagine doing that on a Ubuntu release lmao)

Anyways, keep positive man, I am very sure same mistake will not happen twice.
*Cheers* for the developers and staff working! Can't wait till the betta appears (coz I cannot wait for the RC lol)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #12 by johnnydement
Kunena version:1.0.9 (last updated in 3rd april, 2009)

We stated clearly the version to use was 1.0.9, 1.05.a is not talked until nearly the end of the text... so I think we can't be any more clear, it also states clearly is a test version...

Kunena - The native Joomla Forum

The Kunena Team is proud to announce the immediate availability of Kunena 1.0.9. This is a security release and all users are urged to upgrade immediately.

This release addresses a number of issues. A legacy security issue inherited form the Fireboard installer has been fixed as well as pagination issues and RSS.

Highlights of the release include a new, powerful advanced search. Users can now customize their searching in a variety of ways, including authors & titles. A tight collaboration with the Community Builder team is also a great new feature which allows CB users to enjoy stronger integration than ever before.

Additionally, a large number of minor fixes and enhancements have been included in this release. Please see the Kunena Read Me for this release to view the full list of changes and improvements:

docs.kunena.com/index.php/Kunena_1.0.9_Read_Me

On top of the Kunena 1.0.9 release, the Kunena Team has been hard at work on a Kunena 1.5 release, which runs natively on Joomla 1.5.x. We are thrilled to announce the immediate availability of Kunena 1.5.0 Alpha. This is a test release which will automatically upgrade any Kunena 1.0.x installation to Kunena 1.5 and shouldn't be used on live production sites. We encourage users to test out this great new native version and provide us with feedback to make Kunena the best forum for Joomla.

Thank you for supporting our community!

The Kunena Tema
www.kunena.com

More
14 years 11 months ago #13 by holylandgateway.com
I beg to differ; testing software should not be announced in the same article as production software specially when "clients" include *anyone* including those who have no technical knowledge and can misunderstand the very positive approach of the announcement.

Also please pay attention that version 1.0.9 is described to run native on both Joomla 1.0 and 1.5 (at the very top of the page - it is tagged in Green as 1.5 Joomla Native) while it should have been "Legacy" on Joomla! 1.5

While we may agree that people are simply not paying enough attention, or in Mr. sozzled own words "Stupid," we should also consider the possibility of not putting fire crackers close to where the fire is.

Salute,
eli

More
14 years 11 months ago #14 by johnnydement
Ues, putting it in 1.5 native was a mistake, we will edit that.

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds