Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Up grading seriously out of date site

• Toma
  • Toma's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #1 by Toma
I have a site ( www.Diabetic-Diet-Secrets.com )that is seriously out of date. (Joomla 1.0.15) That needs a complete update to J 2.5.x

The first issue is the firebourd forum 1.0.4 that needs to be upgraded to Kunea. (everything on the site needs to be upgraded) Some need a licence fee that I do not have a budget for.

If anyone still has the necessary obsolete components or know where I can get them that would be a great help.

I think a little bit about this project would be helpful.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in Feb, 2005. My lab numbers were so bad I was close to death. I tried what the doctors told me to do and followed their instructions religiously. It wasn't working so I searched the internet for better solutions and found them. I searched literally thousands of sites. There was not one site that had all I was looking for in a cohesive form so I had to take bits and pieces from many sites to solve my problem and I did. (I had lots of available time and an IQ in the top .05%) Since there was not a site that had all I was looking for I built it and share it with the world for free. It is paid for from my VA disability and SSI.

I had to learn how to build the site as well. Luck had it that I became aware of Joomla. I could use help from joomla experts that know a lot more about Joomla than I do.

I have PTSD from service as a helicopter Ambulance Pilot. (DUSTOFF) Part of the PTSD is serious depression episodes. After the site was built I went though one of these episodes that lasted about two years during which the site was ignored and neglected but left up and paid for so it could help others.

Currently I maintain the site and pay for it by myself. I could really use a group of volunteer Joomla experts to update the site and keep the site maintained, solve all its problems and keep it current. SEO, marketing, promotion and other experts as part of the team would also be very helpful but has to be people willing to volunteer probably from social activism and conserns for the worlds health. It is a big task but doable with the right people as a team.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Please read the category description printed at the top of this page.

If you have a question about upgrading a "seriously out-of-date website" then ask in one of the "Upgrading Kunena" categories.

The general answer is to read the various technical specifications, upgrade guides and release notes in the Wiki

*** Topic locked by moderator ***
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.550 seconds