Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Joomla 2.5 and Kunena 1.7.1

More
12 years 2 months ago #11 by Josh
I did the same thing as the above poster. Viewing seems to be just fine, but for the sake of not running into errors, I'm not making any posts (in my forums) until it is considered "stable". B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #12 by snoopass
Can i download somewhere Kunena 1.7.2-DEV.

Because I have updated my clan page and did not think that the forum could not run.

More
12 years 2 months ago #13 by Jiminimonka
Roll back to the previous version of Joomla from your backup, not sure if you can actually install an older version of Joomla over a new one but that might work as well.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #14 by sozzled
We have been following some interesting discussions about J! 2.5.0 that has thrown the Joomla extension developer world into a bit of a flap. The following quote is from Nicholas Dionysopoulos (a respected Joomla developer and self-confessed compulsive 'blogger) and represents only one opinion causing major for Joomla extension developers as a result of J! 2.5.0:

Hi,

If you were following me on Twitter you'd know what's going on. This issue had thrown me into a fit of cursing and swearing :)

As of Joomla! 2.5.0, the core code relies on the administrator forms having id="adminForm" whereas previous Joomla! versions (1.5, 1.6 and 1.7) relied on the same forms having name="adminForm". Furthermore, Joomla! 1.6 release notes did warn developers that this would happen and urged them to change name="adminForm" to id="adminForm". However, the change was never implemented in the JavaScript supplied with Joomla! 1.6/1.7. If any developer made the suggested change he would find that his component no longer worked with Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7 and would have rolled it back. Surprise! Joomla! 2.5.0 includes that change and the components which were working no longer do.

IMHO, the way this change was rolled out caused serious backwards compatibility bug in the Joomla! core. The proper way to roll out such changes is to make the change in the interim releases (1.6, 1.7) and have backwards-compatibility code (an if-block), so that developers can deploy the change over the course of the 12 months of the interim releases. Then, in the stable release (2.5), the backwards compatibility code can be removed. Since this was not the case, Joomla! 2.5 broke our extensions. For my part, I had to re-release every single extension I make to fix this issue.

Unfortunately, this all now comes down to developers having good response times (unlikely, eh?). The have to add both name="adminForm" and id="adminForm" on their administrator forms in order to make them compatible with all current Joomla! versions (1.5, 1.7, 2.5). I suggest starting emailing the developers of your components, letting them know of this issue and the simple necessary workaround. In the mean time, you can open the files of your extensions, look for name="adminForm" and tuck in an id="adminForm" next to it.

So, I contribute this "news" snippet to let members of this community know that Kunena is not the only Joomla extension to be affected by J! 2.5.0. Joomla 2.5.1 is planned for release on Tuesday 31 January.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hkymre, Jiminimonka

More
12 years 2 months ago #15 by Matias
Just FYI: Joomla 2.5.0 breaks some administration views from many components. For example in Kunena you cannot select items in Category manager and hit new/edit/delete button in the top.

More
12 years 2 months ago #16 by sozzled
The release of K 1.7.2 has been postponed until after the release of J! 2.5.1. J! 2.5.1 is expected to be available in the next couple of days. K 1.7.2 will follow a few days after that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #17 by Josh
Thanks for the heads up. :) Now when might we see kunena 2.0? Just curious. ;)

Edit: Alright, I'll try and stay on topic. B)
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Josh.

More
12 years 2 months ago #18 by sozzled

Josh wrote: Thanks for the heads up. :) Now when might we see kunena 2.0? Just curious. ;)

I understand people's curiosity, but let's remain on topic. This topic is about problems we're having with K 1.7.x and J! 2.5. :)

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds