Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question A Way To Build Kunena 2.0?

More
12 years 6 months ago #11 by xillibit
You can use it if you don't afraid about command-line, just follow the steps gived in the doc

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #12 by coder4life
Hello Xillibit,

I am comfortable enough with command line to build the package.

However, where can I find Ant Builder? Google not showing useful results.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #13 by Acapulco Kevin
This is too funny - Matias already explained how to GIT it .....

Use git and pull the code to your site... pretty simple.

Seems that if you are unable to figure out that much then you are obviously over your head so this conversation is a waste of Internet Space. :laugh:

You can get AntBuilder here: www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/File-Editors/AntBuilder.shtml

You will also need java. But something tells me that no one here has a clue how to build an xml package or how to use Antbuilder or git EXCEPT for Xilibit and Matias. And the truth is - if they really thought you had a clue - they would have already given you the build.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Acapulco Kevin.

More
12 years 5 months ago #14 by coder4life
First who you are talking too?

Second there is really no reason to put someone down like that.

More
12 years 5 months ago #15 by Randal
Kevin we see that you are too young or to proud. Don't be foolish and stop talking to people this way. If you want to help just put usable info without unpleasant comments.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #16 by sozzled

Acapulco Kevin wrote: But something tells me that no one here has a clue how to build an xml package or how to use Antbuilder or git EXCEPT for Xilibit and Matias. And the truth is - if they really thought you had a clue - they would have already given you the build.

I think we need to be careful about making wild assertions about who knows how to use Github or Antbuilder or how to perform all manner of things that are unrelated to the main objectives of why this forum exists.

The Kunena forum is a self-help resource. It does not pretend (and I hope its purpose is not railroaded into side issues like how to develop open source projects) to teach people how to develop web applications. The purpose of this forum is to assist people who want to use Kunena and contribute their ideas, solutions, etc. to the project. However, in saying these things, this does not mean that anyone is under any obligation to explain in detail the mechanics involved in writing software. Therefore I think it's grossly unfair to tag people with the kind of running commentary that I've seen in this topic.

Let's keep things cool, shall we, before things get unruly and there's a need for moderator intervention. Thanks. B)
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17 by Acapulco Kevin
I agree, this is not a place to teach people how to use github to fork a project, use git on your server, how to build a package or pull code.

BUT it was all explained and quite honestly - if someone knew about any of those topics they would not need step by step instructions. They are basic tools created by Linus Benedict Torvalds "The Godfather of Linux".

It was not my intention to be (too) insulting - I was only stating the obvious.

More
12 years 5 months ago #18 by Matias
If someone wants to clone Kunena from github, it has nice 4 page tutorial which teaches how to do that in 30 minutes (installing software and how to do it).

If someone wants to install ant, web is full of tutorials how to do that, too.

In Linux installing and using ant is three lines in the console, this is how to do it in Ubuntu:
apt-get install ant
cd Kunena-2.0/build
ant

It wasn't that hard, was it? You just need to Google a bit on how to do it and everyone (+ their mother) can follow the instructions...

More
12 years 5 months ago #19 by MfGLucker
i prefer to wait until it is released :cheer:

Sammle erst die Fakten, dann kannst du sie verdrehen, wie es dir passt.

Mark Twain
test

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #20 by rjdevries
Replied by rjdevries on topic Kunena 2 install hang
I downloaded Kunena 2 from github and uploaded the component and administrator folder.
Installed Kunena with the Joomla Discovery tool and clicked in the Components / Kunena menu.
After that I hit the install button. On step one "converting database(?)" the system hangs.
Webserver is not responding anymore.

After restarting apache and mysql the server is running again, but if I only start the frontpage of the site again the server-load is increasing big-time.

top - 11:34:00 up 18 days, 12:22, 1 user, load average: 2.50, 1.29, 1.99
Tasks: 87 total, 3 running, 84 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
Cpu(s): 78.0%us, 21.5%sy, 0.0%ni, 0.0%id, 0.0%wa, 0.6%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st
Mem: 509744k total, 474516k used, 35228k free, 13416k buffers
Swap: 1020116k total, 82812k used, 937304k free, 79656k cached

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
10180 mysql 15 0 366m 42m 5080 S 32.2 8.5 0:49.10 mysqld
10263 apache 25 0 615m 109m 8408 R 24.9 22.0 0:15.98 httpd

I know this is not a supported release. I just want to have a test Kunena 2 to play with making my own plugin.
Any tips?
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by rjdevries.

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds