Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question [Merged topic] Joomla 1.7 and implications for Kunena

More
12 years 7 months ago #11 by dergy
Replied by dergy on topic Re: Joomla 1.7
Thank you, answer is very friendly.

@quila wrote:

dergy wrote: why is date of release Kunena 1.6.5 for J1.7 so secretive :S

Hi, this is very simple, because no date!

The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 7 months ago #12 by drlovecat
Replied by drlovecat on topic Re: Kunena for Joomla 1.7

xillibit wrote:

dergy wrote: is to longer this way
before come out new version of joomla - i think to 1.8 :lol:

I want hire you to fix bugs :)

oops! :laugh: really fun lol
More
12 years 7 months ago #13 by joosten
hi all,
i just read that kunena soon will be available for joomla 1.7.
But how soon ? :D

thanx job
More
12 years 7 months ago #14 by dergy
Replied by dergy on topic Re: joomla 1.7
yes, this is breaking news :lol:
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #15 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: joomla 1.7
We have answered the question about when K 1.6.5 will be available. It will be available soon, within a few days.

I think it's important to remember that sometimes we can't predict accurately when these things will happen. Sometimes people lack the patience to accept the need that they will have to wait. We know that people want K 1.6.5 for J! 1.7 but, what's more important, we know that people want K 1.6.5 to work ... and that's more important.

So, we can spend all day answering questions about "when will K 1.6.5 be available" and we'll continue to give the same answer. But people should also remember that if they keep asking for continual updates about the delivery schedule, someone has to stop work on building the product just to answer those questions. So, we've answered the question.

If someone asks, after this, "when will K 1.6.5 be available" they should understand that, by asking this question after it has been answered several times before, there will be consequences. Thank you.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joosten
More
12 years 7 months ago #16 by joosten
Replied by joosten on topic Re: joomla 1.7
yeah your right, godspeed !! B)
More
12 years 7 months ago #17 by Estacey2009
Replied by Estacey2009 on topic Re: joomla 1.7

sozzled wrote: We have answered the question about when K 1.6.5 will be available. It will be available soon, within a few days.

If someone asks, after this, "when will K 1.6.5 be available" they should understand that, by asking this question after it has been answered several times before, there will be consequences. Thank you.

Could you elaborate on, "There will be consequences" ? - I mean, that's a threat isn't it? Why are you threatening people who whan Kunena to work with the latest version of Joomla? I understand these things take time to iron the bugs out so as to produce a valid, solid forum item. I also understand that the release of the 1.7 wasn't overnight.. it's been in different stages of release for quite some time.. for just the purpose of allowing those who create extensions to 'catch-up' and work on their products..
Jomsocial says it's going to be the FIRST community extension to be 100% compatable with whatever Joomla puts out!..

By threatening people, I seriously think you risk 'turning them off to your product' It's a very strange 'attitude' to take towards your customer base..

This is the part where you say, "You don't have to use Kunena Sir".. and I couldn't agree more..

Please, don't threaten me when I ask a question.. thank you.
More
12 years 7 months ago #18 by woonydanny
Replied by woonydanny on topic Re: joomla 1.7
Give it a rest estacey2009. This kind of post is exactly the reason we are talking about. Sozzled meant that the consequences of continually asking already answered questions will mean less time for kunena devs to code and hence longer for it to be released.

No need to write an essay and waste all our time

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiminimonka
More
12 years 7 months ago #19 by Estacey2009

sozzled wrote:
So, we can spend all day answering questions about "when will K 1.6.5 be available" and we'll continue to give the same answer. But people should also remember that if they keep asking for continual updates about the delivery schedule, someone has to stop work on building the product just to answer those questions. So, we've answered the question.

I'm sorry for posting again and possibly disturbing the creative process.. but just yell over to the group working and say exactly this, "I got this one, keep working, don't pause or slow down".

I'm really curious, do you actually STOP working every time a question comes in? Trying to understand here that yours is no easy task, answering the same question over and over.. but to try and stop people from asking isn't the answer.. How about trying to..

Just ignore the question if you've answered it once? Whats the harm in letting people 'ask' ?
You act as if just asking is a bother to you.. it shouldn't be.. people are people.

Oh well, I understand that Kunena is YOUR project.. your baby... it doesn't belong to me or anyone else.. and you'll work on it when, and how, and how ever fast you please.. And you'll release it whenever you're ready..

I just hope not too many people are pushed away from it by your attitude and threats..

You do realize, of course, that Kunena is not the ONLY forum product that works with Joomla right?
Your attitude is puzzling..

I'd say, just let the question be asked, don't answer it... and continue to work on your product..
More
12 years 7 months ago #20 by Estacey2009

peetree21 wrote: Give it a rest estacey2009. This kind of post is exactly the reason we are talking about. Sozzled meant that the consequences of continually asking already answered questions will mean less time for kunena devs to code and hence longer for it to be released.

No need to write an essay and waste all our time

You don't have to READ my posts my friend.. there in lies the point of MY messages.. or, do you have sole rights to any comments about this subject..

I really dislike the CONTROL you seem to want to enforce here.. "Give it a rest".. Why don't you take your own advice! How insulting you are..
Time to create page: 0.450 seconds