Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Sync Kunena Avatars to Jomsocial

More
14 years 11 months ago #1 by deros
Someone asked me today how to sync Avatars from kunena to Jomsocial, the simplest solution I could think of is a MySQL update statement such as this:
Code:
UPDATE jos_community_users set avatar = (select avatar from jos_fb_users b where b.userid = jos_community_users.userid)

Im not sure what jomsocial does if it doesnt have a value in the thumbs column. Im also not sure if the avatar that kunena stores is resized if it is then running this statement in addition to the above should work.
Code:
UPDATE jos_community_users set thumb = (select avatar from jos_fb_users b where b.userid = jos_community_users.userid)

I dont have a quick way of testing this method but I hope it helps those who need it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by Griz44
I know this is a vary old thread, but anybody know if this works? Or do you know of any other method of using the Kunena avatars for Jomsocial?

More
12 years 6 months ago #3 by asusnet
Don't need it!!
JomSocial sync avatat with kunena automatically!!

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #4 by Griz44
Yes you do need it, unfortunately. :( Jomsocial/Kunena sync you're speaking of only works in one direction. It's the other direction I'm asking about. I want a user to be able to put an avatar into Jomsocial OR Kunena...either one...and have it synced in the other direction.

asusnet wrote: Don't need it!!
JomSocial sync avatat with kunena automatically!!

Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Griz44.

More
12 years 6 months ago #5 by Matias
I've asked JomSocial team if their avatars can be really replaced by ours -- it's not possible. You can sync Kunena users into JomSocial and start using their avatars in Kunena, though, but I'm not sure if above query works anymore.

Time to create page: 0.330 seconds