Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Shorten text in activity stream.

More
13 years 8 months ago #11 by dylanphelan
Ok - I need to be able to set it so that the activity stream shows say 30 words from each Kunena post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #12 by emad981
I dit what you said but my site went aweay and nothing shows. I'm using Jomsocial blueface template.

Kindly advice.

More
13 years 6 months ago #13 by Blogmudgeon

templarart wrote:
I assume that you're using the default template for JomSocial. (Most of the other templates don't show content but if you're using a different template, just substitute the name for 'default' below.)

Edit /components/com_community/templates/default/activities.index.php

Not a big file...

Find: <?php echo $act->content; ?>

Change to: <?php echo substr($act->content,0,1000); ?>

You might want to change '1000' to however many characters you want to display.

Save and you're done.

Unfortunately, this file does not exist in blueface... Yet my activity stream runneth over from forum posts. I really need to get forum content into activity stream--but not more than 250 words. Is there any other file to edit--or other change?

P

73 de Patrick

Joomla! 1.5.22
JomSocial 1.8.11
Kunena 1.6.1
EasyBlog 1.1.116

More
13 years 6 months ago #14 by Blogmudgeon
So, not to be rude--but I am getting the idea that no one on the development side of the plug-in that sends the content to the activity stream cares about this issue--or is unable to figure out a viable solution. If so, this feature really needs not be available because as it stands it is pretty worthless.

I suppose that if someone has a forum filled with Twitter Tweeting style posts, or those who cannot bring themselves to write more than one paragraph, all would be well. But with a busy forum filled with thinking people--trying to stream posts to activity wall simply overwhelms it and shoves any Jomsocial community activities right out the door.

Has anyone at all come close to a real solution for this? In the alternate, are there any plans to address this formally?

73 de Patrick

Joomla! 1.5.22
JomSocial 1.8.11
Kunena 1.6.1
EasyBlog 1.1.116

More
13 years 6 months ago #15 by dylanphelan
Any progress on this? My forum post are still taking up almost my whole activity stream...

More
13 years 6 months ago #16 by MarkBoy81
Actually, the activity stream gets cluttered.

IMO, only the discussion title should be displayed, linking to the full post in the forum.

More
13 years 6 months ago #17 by Blogmudgeon
I deployed this "fix" with fair result. It is unfortunate that this is a "universal" limitation for all activity stream activities. Also, some care is necessary in certain templates. I use Rocket Theme, and in any RT template subsequent to the November 2009 (Reaction) issue--all use the Gantry/960 Grid design. In those templates, it is very easy to break the module position formatting created by JomSocial when a right column is used. Depending upon the template, I have not been able to get down below 750 characters--with 850 being the safest for display in FireFox, Chrome, IE8, and Safari.

The solution needs built into the core Kunena package, or a plugin with user definable length and "read more" insertion developed and offered.

73 de Patrick

Joomla! 1.5.22
JomSocial 1.8.11
Kunena 1.6.1
EasyBlog 1.1.116

More
13 years 6 months ago #18 by fxstein

MarkBoy81 wrote: Actually, the activity stream gets cluttered.

IMO, only the discussion title should be displayed, linking to the full post in the forum.

That is a default feature of JomSocial. You can set it up to only show the post content after you hit the more button.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 6 months ago #19 by fxstein
Based on the high demand and my wife letting me spend my night on this, I have some good news for you guys... ;-)

I was able to add an activity stream limit into the config (0 for unlimited, otherwise number of characters) in addition to a new Read More... link at the bottom of that message.

This has been committed into the 1.6.1 trunk and will head to our testers shortely. Expect to see this out there within a week or 10 days - as long as we don't find any more serious 1.6 issues.

Hope this helps!

Go check it out (for new post and replies only): www.kunena.com/people

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut enim arcu, cursus non consectetur pellentesque, suscipit pulvinar eros. Donec molestie, diam ut pharetra sodales, nulla sem facilisis diam, vitae convallis libero tellus sed nulla. Integer venenatis libero eu ligula vestibulum consequat. Cras rhoncus, nisi facilisis vulputate egestas, enim massa sagittis nibh, sed euismod est magna non est. Donec eu ultricies tellus. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Duis vestibulum, dolor in molestie consectetur, felis ante hendrerit nulla, vitae vestibulum orci diam sed nisi. Aenean iaculis tempus orci, at sollicitudin tortor fermentum eu. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. In iaculis, est at feugiat malesuada, justo nulla dapibus massa, non facilisis risus ipsum eu est. Vivamus malesuada mi ac diam volutpat et dictum dui posuere. Cras quis purus eget ipsum tincidunt imperdiet sed sed felis. Sed euismod, dui placerat tristique aliquet, arcu augue semper urna, in facilisis enim massa ut quam.

Donec vehicula laoreet tortor vel viverra. Nulla nunc ipsum, lacinia et vestibulum et, pretium id magna. In facilisis, justo vel dictum dignissim, risus lectus elementum dui, sed congue tellus magna ut felis. Praesent quis leo sit amet ante sollicitudin condimentum ut eget lorem. Donec sit amet arcu sed diam vestibulum tempus luctus id nisl. Sed eget tortor turpis. Phasellus gravida ligula sit amet nunc ornare tincidunt. Duis magna justo, vulputate non dictum vel, dignissim non eros. Maecenas posuere justo a leo feugiat pellentesque. Donec elit dui, varius eget lacinia et, cursus nec nibh. Donec in fermentum neque. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras euismod leo fringilla felis tempus accumsan. Ut eu mauris nibh, sed hendrerit neque. Nullam sollicitudin mauris et mauris venenatis auctor. Pellentesque bibendum enim dolor, non sodales tortor.

In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Duis bibendum orci sed turpis dignissim convallis. Cras mollis vulputate erat sit amet cursus. Integer pellentesque vehicula nisi, nec dictum sem convallis id. Aliquam erat volutpat. Vestibulum semper nunc et arcu sodales quis auctor augue rutrum. Proin vel est lectus, ut feugiat nisi. Praesent tempor, magna ut placerat pulvinar, justo mi cursus dolor, ac lacinia elit tortor vitae lorem. Quisque mi libero, auctor eget rhoncus ut, scelerisque congue lorem. Quisque eget augue ut elit mattis aliquet eu non lorem. Etiam aliquam odio eget ligula interdum blandit.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny, MarkBoy81, dylanphelan

More
13 years 6 months ago #20 by dylanphelan
That's great! looks forward to trying it out!

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds