Kunena 6.3.2 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.2 [K 6.3.2] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3
Note: Please go to the Kunena Dashboard after an upgrade so that the Kunena database tables are also updated.

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Important ObjectClarity Kunena Discussbot released!

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #71 by PGLion
More news on this subject? I was using this discussbot a long time and my members are asking me many times to activate it again.
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by PGLion.
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 11 months ago #72 by Lintzy
Mark Voorberg (nick: mvoorberg) is the developer from discussbot

www.objectclarity.com/index.php?option=c...6&limitstart=24#1425
More
14 years 11 months ago #73 by itgl72
Any of the folks here using this with Kunena 1.0.10 with out issue?
More
14 years 11 months ago #74 by mysfowner
Where do I get the Discuss bot for 1.5.3
More
14 years 11 months ago #75 by sozzled
I haven't seen any more recent updates that this: www.objectclarity.com/index.php?option=c...=31&func=select&id=6

Have your tried using the Discussbot plugin with K 1.5.3? What was the result?
More
14 years 11 months ago #76 by mysfowner
No I havent's I didnt know where to get the download
More
14 years 11 months ago #77 by sozzled
itgl72 wrote:

Any of the folks here using this with Kunena 1.0.10 with out issue?

Yes, no problems here.
More
14 years 11 months ago #78 by sozzled
I am interested in the outcome of your situation. I haven't yet upgraded to K 1.5.3. There was a report here - Re:ObjectClarity Kunena Discussbot released! - posted over a week ago indicating a possible problem but the solution looks fairly straightforward. What have you discovered?
More
14 years 11 months ago #79 by NateLogan
Possible solution:
In "components\com_kunena\lib\kunena.category.class.php" add highlited row:
[IMG

In "components\com_kunena\kunena.php" also add highlited row:
[IMG

Basically as someone said before, add that row ($kunena_db = &JFactory::getDBO();) everywhere in kunena code, where you can find this variable: $kunena_db. At least it does seems to work this way (I did not tested it completely inside out).

But it would be nice to have official 1.5 native discuss bot :)
More
14 years 11 months ago #80 by kmilos
@NateLogan
Don't think you should need to change any of the main Kunena files, $kunena_db is already properly defined in components/com_kunena/class.kunena.php...

@PGLion
The difference is that you should here of course use $database instead of $kunena_db.

This is the patch that seems to do the job for me:
Code:
--- kdiscussbot.php.bak 2009-03-16 22:04:34.000000000 +0000 +++ kdiscussbot.php 2009-07-05 12:18:10.770903743 +0100 @@ -1555,7 +1555,7 @@ * Determine if the user is a Moderator on this forum. *****************************************************************************/ function kdbIsModerator($myId, $catId) { - global $database, $mosConfig_absolute_path, $acl; + global $mosConfig_absolute_path, $acl; $permsFile = $mosConfig_absolute_path.'/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.permissions.php'; if (file_exists($permsFile)) { @@ -1581,6 +1581,7 @@ $aro_group = $acl->getAroGroup($myId); $is_admin = (strtolower($aro_group->name) == 'super administrator' || strtolower($aro_group->name) == 'administrator'); + $database = &JFactory::getDBO(); $obj_fb_cat = new jbCategory($database, $catId); $is_moderator = fb_has_moderator_permission($database, $obj_fb_cat, $myId, $is_admin); }
Time to create page: 0.512 seconds