Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question How to add forum directory before post in URLs

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #11 by sozzled
I'm sorry, steel, you're not having much success today, are you? :blush: This discussion is about problems introduced when people use the sh404SEF extension. That doesn't apply to you, does it? I also see that you've asked the same question elsewhere: Kunena URL . :)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #12 by FellowFishermen
Steel, please go make your own thread. Your problem has nothing to do with the title of this thread and I still haven't received a solution to my problem. Thank you.

EDIT: Didn't notice page 2 of this thread...thanks sozzled.

But ya, I still have bad URLs.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by FellowFishermen.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #13 by FellowFishermen
Hey guys. I have more info, I have discussed this problem extensively with the dev Shumisha at dev.Anything-Digital.com. I keep explaining that this problem only happens when sh404SEF is enabled, but he says is absolutely positive that this is a bug with Kunena and not sh404SEF. In fact that discussion went back and forth for about 4 months between emails and the forum post:

dev.anything-digital.com/Forum/sh404SEF-...ing-poor-URL-format/

Anyway, he is absolutely sure that the problem lies with Kunena's router file and not sh404SEF and is now pissed off and won't try to help anymore. This is extremely frustrating to have devs from both projects saying the problem is with the other. I really don't care which component is causing the bug, I just want to be able to use SEF URLs on Kunena with sh404SEF enabled.

Could one of the Kunena devs look at this problem and figure out what is going on? Again, the problem is that the preceding virtual directory is missing from all Kunena SEF URLs when sh404SEF is enabled, even when sh404SEF is set to use the built-in Kunena router.

Thanks!

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #14 by Matias
I tried to post into sh404SEF forum, but I cannot see my post in there. I hope that it's just under review and not lost.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #15 by FellowFishermen
I don't see the post there...

What did you post? Is there a solution?

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #16 by topspeed
Anyway, he is absolutely sure that the problem lies with Kunena's router file and not sh404SEF and is now pissed off and won't try to help anymore. This is extremely frustrating to have devs from both projects saying the problem is with the other. I really don't care which component is causing the bug, I just want to be able to use SEF URLs on Kunena with sh404SEF enabled.

Could one of the Kunena devs look at this problem and figure out what is going on? Again, the problem is that the preceding virtual directory is missing from all Kunena SEF URLs when sh404SEF is enabled, even when sh404SEF is set to use the built-in Kunena router.

methoo.com

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #17 by sozzled
There has been a lot of work done with the Kunena URL router. Kunena 1.5 made huge improvements in this area over K 1.0, just as Joomla 1.5 made huge improvements over J! 1.0. Although there has been a lot written in these forums about sh404SEF, I cannot say (because I have not used it) whether it offers any discernible advantages over the native Joomla SEO - I'm unconvinced it does - or whether the maintenance of that product has kept pace with Kunena, either. IMO we have done all the discussion that needs to be done: users can use sh404SEF or not - that is their choice - and it would be very nice if sh404SEF cooperated nicely with Kunena (which, on the available evidence seems not to be the case).

There is no purpose in using this forum to discuss, debate or criticise another developer's product.

Perhaps you can't have your cake and eat it too. Perhaps you can't have sh404SEF, with the benefits it gives, and have Kunena, too. Perhaps you can't have Kunena, with the functionality that it provides (and BTW K 1.6 takes Kunena and SEF URLs to a new level again), and have sh404SEF. It's your choice. B)
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18 by Matias
I know people who are using K1.5 and sh404SEF together without any problems. There have been issues in the past, but most of them have been fixed in the latest K1.5 releases. How many has issues with the latest release + sh404SEF?

I'm not sure if this can be K1.5 bug either, as Joomla router does not pass parsed information to router.php. So in another words router in the component is not aware of any option that were in the menu item (without taking that information from menu). This means that if you have url like this:

http::/domain.com/forum/category/123-message/post/reply

Kunena router sees/handles only: category/123-message/post/reply

The same principle works also when generating urls: Kunena router will see only options that were not in the menu item: func=post&do=reply&catid=2&id=123

If someone is willing to Skype with me, I can try to look at this issue. But I need real time chat (help from the site admin) in order to track this down.

More
14 years 4 days ago #19 by smartidiot
I am having an issue with the URL format of my Kunena forum using latest sh404SEF component which has native support for Kunena. If the post is from a sub-category of the forum then the URL format is like below

www.site.com/forum/ /

but I want the format to be like,

www.site.com/forum/ //

I tried all options in sh404SEF for Kunena but nothing worked. Any help or hack would help.

Thanks in advance. ...

More
14 years 18 hours ago #20 by Matias
It's not yet possible in Kunena and I doupt that in any SEF components, either. I like the idea, though, so if I have any time, I will investigate if it's easy to make it happen.

Time to create page: 0.575 seconds