Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Important Community Builder integration

More
14 years 10 months ago #11 by xillibit
I have reported to the DEVs, but I'am not sure that it's a bug.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #12 by ozchap
Nope. I tried this. And unpublishing the tab and publishing. I Still get the messages and kunena will not get the CB profile.

More
14 years 10 months ago #13 by Matias
These error messages are not bugs. They just prevent forum to crash if there are problems with integration. Because of these problems were not detected in K1.0.10, there were huge amount of issues reported by users.

In every case there's something wrong in CB settings itself.

Here are them all with a short explanation:

Community Builder integration only works if you have Community Builder version 1.2 or higher installed.

Either you have old version of CB or you haven't installed it.

This was detected earlier, but there was no warning and the problem was not detected before users started to wonder why there were no avatars etc.

Community Builder Profile integration only works if Community Builder User profile has been published.

CB profile integration does not work, if there are no profiles where to integrate. Your CB installation isn't complete: you need a published menu item for user profiles. Please read CB documentation how to setup the component.

If this was not detected, clicking on user profiles would break SEF among other possible problems.

Community Builder Profile integration only works if you are using Community Builder version 1.2.1 or higher.

Well, you can copy forum integration plugin manually to CB 1.2.0 and it would probably work, but installing latest version is usually a wise decision.

If this was not detected, Kunena would crash on fatal error.

Community Builder Profile integration only works if Community Builder is in W3C XHTML 1.0 Trans. compliance mode.

Go to Components / Community Builder / Configuration / User Profile. You can find this legacy setting from there. Set it to "yes" -- you are probably not using very old J1.0 or Mambo.

Saying "No" breaks all JavaScript in Kunena.

Community Builder Profile integration only works if the forum integration plugin has been enabled in Community Builder.

Go to Components / Community Builder / Plugin management and enable "Forum integration".

If this was not detected, Kunena would crash on fatal error.

More
14 years 10 months ago #14 by ozchap
Publishing a view profile menu worked. Thanks

More
14 years 10 months ago #15 by Matias

More
14 years 10 months ago #16 by severdia
Check and see if any of these steps solve your issue...

docs.kunena.com/index.php/CB_integration_issues

If not, post back and we'll see if the problem is elsewhere.

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com

More
14 years 10 months ago #17 by Digital Network
For me, it's another problem, when an user registers, i must always synchronize the tables in order to allow the user to loggin.

The activation email come from Joomla module and not from the CB.

If you can help, it would be cool ;-)

Best,
Vincent

More
14 years 10 months ago #18 by rouven
ozchap wrote:

Hi, how did you do that. I didn't find any clue in CB forum or here. I have just checked that the forum integration plugin is loaded and that it is published in the tab management. but still i get this error message in kunena: " Community Builder profile integration only works if Community Builder user profiles have been published."

any help would be really nice..

More
14 years 10 months ago #19 by @quila
rouven wrote:

ozchap wrote:

Hi, how did you do that. I didn't find any clue in CB forum or here. I have just checked that the forum integration plugin is loaded and that it is published in the tab management. but still i get this error message in kunena: " Community Builder profile integration only works if Community Builder user profiles have been published."

any help would be really nice..

Hi rouwen,

Go to Joomla backend -> Menus -> Main menu -> New -> Community Builder, create and publish User Profile (mandatory!) menu.

Digital Network wrote:

The activation email come from Joomla module and not from the CB.

Vincent,
Your integration is not complete if your user get email from Joomla. You need to do all necessary step to activate Integration. When you go to Kunena Configuration and look into Integration option for Profile Settings, what is selected Kunena or Community Builder?

Regards

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #20 by Monclee
Very Usefull topic love kunena forum, jajaja its just kind of "slow" when i create emoticons.

Any way. I have the same issue I already create the menu, check everything, kunena tab, and update to 1.2.1

:(

When you go to Kunena Configuration and look into Integration option for Profile Settings, what is selected Kunena or Community Builder?

I cant change it to CB its set it to Kunena, :( maybe i have the same issue.

What else can I check.. Can it be my PM system? do i have to install one, or joomla have a default one, or CB, well im kind of lost now.

But my site is running fine, and the forum also. just the profile link its not directing to CB profile

Love the forum , sorry about my english, hope i can contribute

by the way

Menus -> Main menu -> New -> Community Builder, create and publish User Profile (mandatory!) menu.

I did it and im getting the same message

* Problems detected in Community Builder integration:
* Community Builder Profile integration only works if the forum integration plugin has been enabled in Community Builder.
* Saving the Kunena configuration will disable integration and hide this warning.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Monclee.

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds