Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Using Kunena signature and subscriptions with Jomsocial profile.

More
13 years 6 months ago #11 by Fizmatik
The question is very important, but I think that it will be correct to manage it(signature and subsc.) in JS profile. So you shouldn't ask here. Ask on jomsocial forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #12 by WinuxFF
Well, maybe youre right but holding the court while passing the ball on the other side wont help anybody.
I think Kunena and Jomsocial should at this late date of their respective existence in the Joomla world both had to reach the high level of maturity and instead waiting for other side to finish the job, mutually came up with the solution for this obvious flaw in design.

Even here at kunena site, forum show my gender as "unknown" although i did set mine gender in Jomsocial profile.
Well, you and me, as an site administrators, developers, Joomla enthusiast or whatever... we know how to change this, but try to explain that to regular site user who, in most of the cases dont even have a clue what Joomla! is, not to mention Kunena or Jomsocial.

However,there was a guy which made his own modified version of Kunena 1.5 which handled this (and most of others) Kunena <-> Jomsocial profile issues, but his hacks on 1.5 unfortunately didnt found their place in K1.6

More
13 years 5 months ago #13 by lelkins
Guys, I believe the hacks you are talking about are the JoniJnm hacks, in which case, check out the following link www.jonijnm.es/web/foro/766-kunena-hacks...cial-cb-aup-ect.html

More
13 years 4 months ago #14 by Gipa

vvolf69 wrote:

johnnydement wrote: Yes, we have the intention to do so, undortunatelly is a 2 ways work, we've pushed integratin as far as we could, now is for azrul to make jomsocial fields be able to write/read in kunena signature field... we could do the other way around, but is impossible for us, as there's no fixed field for this... I mean, js can make a field be stored in kunena signature field, but kunena can't usa a field from js to store the info, as it doesn't exist yet! ;( is not same as avatar, we're able to pick it, as the field exist in database from the start...

Dunno if I made myself clear :P

this is total bullshit...

each profile field in jomsocial is identified by a unique id and you can get it´s content by using this id. so simply make an option to use a field id of jomsocial instead of the original kunena signature field and you are done.

now you can make a custom field in your jomsocial profile for the signature and add its id to kunena. all you need is an input field in the integration dialogue in the backend. has to be done once and everything is fine... it is the same as picking an avatr. just saying.

i did this myself for kunena 1.5.8 and it worked without any problem.

This sounds perfect...!
Have you done this for Kunena 1.6 as well - and would you share how you did it?

More
13 years 4 months ago #15 by Spartan
I saw a neat little plugin that added a tab to JS so that users can edit their K profile, but all links to download go to the KED section, but nothing is there. Wish it still was. Agora's was awesome, then they decided to go commercial, so I switched to K. If anyone knows where to get that nifty plugin, please post the link!

More
13 years 4 months ago #16 by naimless
Yes, something like a tab in JS would be great that only contains the two or three unique Kunena settings/pieces of information.
Right now it is not possible for users to navigate from profile Kunena profile to JS profile directly.

There needs to be a proper connect or integration between the two, otherwise users will get confused why they have two profiles.

More
13 years 2 months ago #17 by mlotziii
I have the same dilemma! hope to hear of a solution soon! this is getting old explaining to folks the difference between Kunena and Jomsocial.

Community Builder managed to integrate it just fine!

Time to create page: 0.710 seconds