Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question *NEW* Community Builder Template

More
14 years 11 months ago #51 by hjames
Replied by hjames on topic Re:I like your CB Template!
That long list of Plugins acts as an Accordion, if you go look at the demo you can Open/Close them to reduce the length of the page or show/not show specific information.

Please try and show me a demo of what you like, or what anyone likes so I can build off of that. I am kind of stumped going back and forth about an accordion or just enhance the current tabs that CB offers.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

James

Joomla 1.5.24
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 11 months ago #52 by prilly
Replied by prilly on topic Re:I like your CB Template!
James, I hear ya about upgrades. I had to upgrade every major software on my site this week (not Joomla stuff) and I realized I really don't want to do this every time there's some little changes made to the Joomla extensions.

The commercial (pro) software programs upgrade about once a year, and there's usually very good reason to upgrade by that time.

Cyndy
More
14 years 11 months ago #53 by grumblemarc
It was our experience that the accordion thing kinda confused a lot of people. But it is the new trend so maybe it just hadn't caught on when we implemented it.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
More
14 years 11 months ago #54 by hjames
As a developer/developers we just get it because we see these things daily so yea your probably right. Do you all prefer just different color/style tabs? It would be easy to get as creative as some of these Commercial Joomla! Templates.

The more input on this the better, I need some creative inspiration.. lol!

Braindead!

Joomla 1.5.24
More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #55 by prilly
Well, I'm still confused about accordians because my Jomsocial doesn't have a collapsible feature. OK, I looked at the demo just now. Some of the components on that page are collapsible: the activities on the Wall are collapsible apparently. Or the Friends list.

But the third party plugins just go on down the page in a long list. You can't organize them like you can with Community Builder's tabs. And they are not as accessible to the user. You have to hunt for what you want on the page.

Cyndy
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by prilly.
More
14 years 11 months ago #56 by bwkeyboardman
prilly wrote:

BW, I think JomSocial is popular with those who are less technical, actually. It's easier for them to set up. A cookie cutter solution. It's also popular with developers who are scrambling to make addon's for it.

IMO, the more technical crowd likes the hands-on that Community Builder offers. JomSocial is all plugins, and what can you do with those? Modules offer a lot more possibilities for customizing. I'm new to Joomla so maybe I'm wrong about that. But it seems to me there's a whole lot of stuff you can do with modules that you can't do with plugins.

JoomlaPraise has some nice church-oriented themes for Joomla. It was because of them that I got the Activities modules. Their templates show what you can do with Community Builder.

Cyndy

Hi Cyndy,

I'm sure your right concerning the admins who install the apps for the web site. My primary focus and thought is what it looks like to the front-end users. But, I see your point so I'm probably off there. Sounds like you've had a lot more experience in this department & I've not used Jomsocial yet so I lack that experience. I'm just now getting my feet wet with the real social part of Joomla. Most of my experience has been with shopping and even that is minimal. :)

I actually got on board with JoomlaPraise a couple weeks ago. I love their Admin templates. Though I haven't used their church-oriented template yet, I'm certainly going to offer it to the next church site I do and that is likely considering the contacts I have. I also saw their community template. Pretty cool. They keep their stuff very nice yet simple.

Personally, I really like what Kunena is doing. I started out years ago with an SMF bridge for a high school alumni site forum and eventually moved to Fireboard when it came out. I waited forever for it to move to J!1.5 and it died. Finally, Kunena was started from some core FB programmers and am glad for what these guys and gals do. I am looking forward to the combination of Kunena and CB (and maybe Jomsocial) as a great format for those who need to communicate.

Thanks for the feedback! :cheer:
BW
More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #57 by prilly
Hi HJames,

I think it needs a facelift and a little bit of creative re-organization. I'm not sure what can be done with CB's templates entirely because, apparently, they have a template generator. But there's a lot you can do with the CSS file.

I only started using CSS a year ago so I'm not real good but I'm learning. I know HTML code really well, so it annoys me that HTML is no longer "good enough". It's as if we're from the wrong side of the tracks all of a sudden.

And that WC3 test thingy seeks to prove that they are superior, which I think is a little high-falootin' of them to do that. Who says?? And I really don't believe that Google can't read tables. Programmers seem to be able to do anything they want to do when they put their mind to it, so I think the whole tables excuse is a smokescreen for something. The fact is, tables are the best way to control content.

In my opinion. ;D
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by prilly.
More
14 years 11 months ago #58 by hjames
prilly wrote:

Well, I'm still confused about accordians because my Jomsocial doesn't have a collapsible feature. OK, I looked at the demo just now. Some of the components on that page are collapsible: the activities on the Wall are collapsible apparently. Or the Friends list.

But the third party plugins just go on down the page in a long list. You can't organize them like you can with Community Builder's tabs. And they are not as accessible to the user. You have to hunt for what you want on the page.

Cyndy

Go here: www.jomsocial.com/community/hjames/profile.html

Look at the following: "Wall", "Where Are My Friends", "My Blog", "Latest Photos", Etc...

These are all collapsable!

Joomla 1.5.24
More
14 years 11 months ago #59 by hjames
prilly wrote:

Hi HJames,

I think it needs a facelift and a little bit of creative re-organization. I'm not sure what can be done with CB's templates entirely because, apparently, they have a template generator. But there's a lot you can do with the CSS file.

I only started using CSS a year ago so I'm not real good but I'm learning. I know HTML code really well, so it annoys me that HTML is no longer "good enough". It's as if we're from the wrong side of the tracks all of a sudden.

And that WC3 test thingy seeks to prove that they are superior, which I think is a little high-falootin' of them to do that. Who says?? And I really don't believe that Google can't read tables. Programmers seem to be able to do anything they want to do when they put their mind to it, so I think the whole tables excuse is a smokescreen for something. The fact is, tables are the best way to control content.

In my opinion. ;D

I think tables have their place but for content in a Joomla! based site I think that Div's/CSS are the way to go. It seems to offer more flexibility to the users. Just my overall opinion but its about whats comfortable to the developer.

Think of Joomla!/Internet in terms of Evolution.. things change daily, maybe small and minute but they are changing.

James

Joomla 1.5.24
More
14 years 11 months ago #60 by prilly
Yes, but those are not the third party components. Twitter, Eventslist, SimGallery, Joom Gallery are not collapsible. Only the Azrul components. And even though each component is collapsible, they are still lined up down the page in a column. When the list gets really long (I have a 7 plugin applications in addition to the bundled Profile features), then it really seems like a strange design.

There should be tabs.

This is one thing where CB does a better job of organizing the Profile.
Time to create page: 0.462 seconds