Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question *NEW* Community Builder Template

More
15 years 1 week ago #21 by Sulley
Hi James,

out of curiousity, did you ask Azrul's team if you can redistribute their JomSocial's default template and make a CB version?
Also you may want to read JomSocial's license agreement:
www.jomsocial.com/license-agreement.html
The topic has been locked.
More
15 years 1 week ago #22 by hjames
First, its not JomSocial's template it just looks like it.

Second, their license does not apply to this so its irrelevant. Had I built it in JomSocial's framework then it would matter but it is built in Community Builder and hasn't a LICK of JomSocial code, just the look and feel.

Third, the images will be changing soon enough I just haven't had time to fire up Photoshop and do my magic.

Anything else?

Joomla 1.5.24
More
15 years 1 week ago #23 by hjames
Last post came off HARSH and was not meant to be.. lol!

My bad - I know your probably just looking out for everyones best interest.

James

Joomla 1.5.24
More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #24 by Sulley
Well, it's more than 'just looks like it'.
Also, the default jomsocial template comes with the paid package. Templates are part of the 'source code' of JomSocial package.

It's like selling jomsocial templates made off of joomla templates like rockettheme, joomlart or yootheme (to match joomla templates). Those graphics (icons, menu bars) are copyrighted and no one can sell jomsocial templates made with copyrighted graphics.

I think there wouldn't be problems as long as you won't sell it. It would be ok if you share it for free.

MODIFICATION. You may modify the component source code for your own use only. The term and codition of this License Agreement will still apply. Redistribution of any modification is not allowed without a written permission from JomSocial.com

Anyway, you'd better ask Azrul first.
Last edit: 15 years 1 week ago by Sulley.
More
15 years 1 week ago #25 by Chaos
hjames wrote:

Does anyone have a request for features? Or color variations? Please let me know what you all want.... come on folks!

James

I want a light-blue one! :woohoo:
It would look awesome in my Wii-Community ;)
More
15 years 1 week ago #26 by hjames
@ Sulley

What your not getting is that the template has absolutely nothing to do with JomSocial other than the graphics which if you Read Up ^^^^ You will see that they are going to be replaced with my own.

I used JomSocial GFX as a placeholder so I could make sure it was working.

Therefore 100% of the CODE Base is either Community Builder related or My Own. So, contacting Azrul would be irelivant and a waste of time unless I wanted to use their GFX which I do not.

Thanks,
James

@ Chaos

I am going to be working on my own Graphics here shortly (next few days) so when I do that I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to build yours also. What is your site URL so I can take a looksy and get some inspiration. No promises of course because I have my own thing I need to do but if time permits..

Thanks,
James

Joomla 1.5.24
More
15 years 1 week ago #27 by phattpat
I've been twitching between JomSocial and CB for a while now.

I was edging towards JS because of the Groups which is already pre-installed with the JS package.

CB only has Groupjive which just isnt the same, and it seems redundant now as there has been no news on their site for months now.. (it was even offline for a week or two, came back without even mentioning it)

BUT NOW, after seeing what you're doing.. CB all the way.
when will this project be ready?
will it include the groups thingy you have on demo (if not how do i get a good Groups section for Joomla)

keep up the good work!

and Bravo to you..:woohoo:
More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #28 by bertm
What James is doing here is truly spectacular. Sully's comment about copyrights / ownership / permission is completely off base. There is no way to use any of the code from JomSocial to do this. More than likely the opposite is true - that if you look hard you might find lots of CB code in JomSocial.

This type of template for CB is desperately needed. I truly hope that James will find lots of support (financial) for this template and perhaps a stream of many more like it in the future.

Check out the front end plug-in control capability. Its remarkable.
Last edit: 15 years 1 week ago by bertm.
More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #29 by sunnyjey
Hi James, you are doing wonderful job. The most important thing that cb lack is GOOD LOOKING TEMPLATE. I have been looking to your template progress since last couple of weeks. Please keep it up your work.

I have following suggestions:

1. My Status: Ajax field - the present field at your site lacks sophistication and it is almost invisible to the visitors. Please shift it into the 'Link' box with some beautiful color.

2. Friends: Sorry but i couldnt see any Friends tabs at your present template. It is must in member-based sites

3. Menu tabs: Different color for active and inactive menu tabs

4. Links Box: This is wonderful addition of user-friendly links to CB. But this link box is being displayed while viewing other member's profile. Ideally it should be replaced by links like 'add as a friend', 'write message' etc.

5. Formation of Group: Can we all like minded members form the group and collectively develop this template? This will accelerate its development. May be someone come with good idea and we can develop template better than JS!

Expecting your and others comments.
Thank you once again
Last edit: 15 years 1 week ago by sunnyjey.
More
15 years 1 week ago #30 by diavolo32
I think Sunnyjey comment is great. I think also you're doing a heavy job, and satisfied everybody is "mission impossible IV" ;)

But the Friends tab, for a community, is better to develop communitys than other plugins.

I wonder if you're working to make compatible new plugins for CB -that not exists- to be adaptably in your template, adding it like tabs, etc.

I saw your last release and is really great.

Hope you can find a way to financiate it, if you want, but about these I have a idea.

Joomla is free. Wordpress is free. Linux is free. Ares is free. And a lot of stuff, too. I think not everything in the world must be done to earn money.

Of course, donation is a great way. People thanks you about your job. Thats the way I think is better for projects like these. Who can grow up and more developres make greater. CB has been made for Joomla 1.x and has survived with the last release for 1.5. But world most famous social webs, like Facebook, they take care with template of site.

Your job can be a great opportunity to make CB better and have great web sites.

Thank you for your decission.

(when project is finisshed, i can help to make translation to spanish).

Hope the beta release is finished soon!!

;)
Time to create page: 0.557 seconds