Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question *NEW* Community Builder Template

More
14 years 9 months ago #111 by hjames
I am also considering building some Kunena Templates but do not know what the demand is for these. If anyone has something they like from another forum such as VB, PHPBB, etc... please let me know and as I have time I will see if I can put it together.

Thanks,
James

Joomla 1.5.24
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #112 by okstated
Okay! So, James, your CB template looks awesome!

Forgive me for not wanting to sift through every post, but how can one obtain this?

You should set up your own website (if you haven't already).

The CB guys would be smart to setup a CB template market where template creators like yourself can sell your creations. Maybe CB would even take a small percentage. Crazy idea, that.

Thanks. ;)
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by okstated.
More
14 years 9 months ago #113 by hjames
Download link for Template #1 is on page 8 or 9 of this Thread I believe.

As for setting up my own site, I have the domain but don't have the time... this is the biggest problem. When I finish my personal project hopefully then I will be able to make some time for projects like these community builder templates.

As for CB opening their own template shop.... I hate to say that I would not participate. I love Community Builder and am a huge fan of the development team and have been on it myself at one point but I can't see spending hours working on something alone and giving someone else a percentage... so that is unlikely.

I am however working with a developer to take my Photoshop ideas and possibly create our own Template Shop for Joomla! itself.... ours will be unique and unlike any others but time will only tell.

Thanks again for the support,
James

Any questions regarding my templates? post? I will do my best to answer your questions but no guarantee as to when it will come.

Joomla 1.5.24
More
14 years 9 months ago #114 by severdia
All your efforts are really great, hjames. I think with a little design polish, you may even get the Joomlapolis guys to include it in the Community Builder package. :)

I'm going to be working on a new template for Kunena (once I get the admin template "BlueStork" for Joomla 1.6 done) and I'd be happy to hear your ideas and suggestions.

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com
More
14 years 9 months ago #115 by hjames
Thank you very much!

I will PM you shortly, I have some questions for you if you have time.

Thanks,
James

Joomla 1.5.24
More
14 years 9 months ago #116 by hjames
Just built a new Kunena 1.5.3 Template for anyone interested... this one is much easier to take advantage of than CB and only takes a matter of minutes.

Screenshot(s): (No Particular Order)

I will make an official post elsewhere...

Thanks,
James

Joomla 1.5.24
More
14 years 9 months ago #117 by hjames

Joomla 1.5.24
More
14 years 9 months ago #118 by hjames
I promise I am not spamming my own messages....

A little concerned this evening when I have received numerous emails, pm's and other forms of communication asking "Where is the Download Link for CB Templates?" As I noted previously I was contemplating selling them but instead I left it to the community to help fund my work by donation and as I assumed would happen I was sitting with a single donation (you know who you are and THANK YOU) and another 5000+ downloads with only a few thanks and no other contribution.... almost a sickening feeling to say the least.

So, yes the links are dead until this weekend.

I would expect and appreciate anyone who is using, this and feels it was a worthy contribution to please make a donation. As for the future development of these templates I have a lot of ideas and as you may have noticed a second version as well which I will kindly share.

I simply ask that you take my time and my project into consideration prior to downloading.

Thanks,
James

If your interested in my projects or donating you can visit the future home of them at www.ifoundjoomla.com

Joomla 1.5.24
More
14 years 9 months ago #119 by mbelsis
Hi,

I just registered but I cannot find any download link for the cb template ...

:(
More
14 years 9 months ago #120 by vujade
hjames wrote:

I am also considering building some Kunena Templates but do not know what the demand is for these. If anyone has something they like from another forum such as VB, PHPBB, etc... please let me know and as I have time I will see if I can put it together.

Thanks,
James

I know a bunch of people are interested in having a Kunena template that matches the new Affinity template from Rocketheme.

Check out rockethemes phbb template they made to match Affinty
Time to create page: 0.423 seconds