Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question *NEW* Community Builder Template

More
15 years 1 week ago #11 by hjames
You can sell a product and still maintain Open Source code. There are different licensing types that allow this. Like all license though there are loop holes and issues. I don't intend to enforce anything but simply collect a small price to keep me improving it or creating new things.

Consider yourself with a wife, child, school, full time job.. etc and then take into account time you spend hacking on the web. The time you take from the important things should be justified somehow and by charging someone $10 for a template for hours of work should be justifiable.

On the other hand I know a lot of people choose Joomla! because it is Open Source (FREE) which is understandable but keep Paragraph Two in mind when the time comes.

James

Joomla 1.5.24
The topic has been locked.
More
15 years 1 week ago #12 by grumblemarc
utemplates wrote:

grumblemarc wrote:

I like it to the point that I think that something that obviously will require a lot of effort to produce, maintain and support should get some kind of compensation to offset it. Appreciation doesn't pay the bills.

I disagree. Not because of the simple fact that I would want this when its ready (which i do :P ) but releasing it as open source will give more opportunities for modifications and further developments of the script.

Thats my take anyway.

Also, it would be amazing if you could add ProfileBook to your list!

I've heard this argument many times before. But the bottom line is you want it free. I think people could give a care less about "more opportunities for modifications and further developments of the script". I think it's more along the lines of "Damn that COOL! I need that for my site but I don't want to fork up the cash".

I still say sell it.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
More
15 years 1 week ago #13 by hjames
HaHa! Grumble... I think you and I clashed heads in the past and I see why but your growing on me! I do agree however that a LOT of people see really neat ideas and just want it and aren't so much concerned about learning.

I remember back when I first started with Joomla! I was a nub, didn't know the first thing about it and now I am no expert but feel like I can get around pretty well. The best thing is the realationships I have formed. Anyone care for a hug? Not really I will hit you if you try and hug me but yea I get ya!

Profile Book << This ones tricky and a pain in my R****m... seriously! The bad thing about this plugin is that it consist of (3) three profile tabs, "Profile Book, Profile Blog, Profile Wall" << Why three? Anyways I have to sort through the code and find where all my Div's need to be placed so I already know for sure that its going to take me some time to impliment the Open/Close feature there.

To Do List: (Open/Close feature)

1. FB/Kunena Tab
2. Profile Book/Profile Blog/Profile Wall
3. Twitter Updates
4. Profile Gallery
5. Etc...

To Do List: (Template)

1. Modify CSS for Tabs display
2. Add additional Tab Place Holders
3. Modify graphics to suite the general template
4. Cleanup Code
5. *MAYBE* Hack CB Menu and add additional links *Been Investigating this one might need help*

If anyone wants to lend a hand with the CB Menu and help speed the process that would be nice.

The functionality I am wanting to add is when a user visits His/Her own profile they also see an Inbox tab with links such as Inbox, Sent Box, Write Message, Archive. Then an additional tab that says Invite with in my case links to ParaInvite << These would all be customizeable.

Thanks,
James

Joomla 1.5.24
More
15 years 6 days ago #14 by hjames
FYI!!!!

New Demo content is available here: www.industrialjobs.org for testing purposes.
I have done testing in both FireFox and IE7, My main template has issues in Safari so don't even tell me about them "I'll cut ya!" but in all seriousness I have spent the last 5 hours working on it and fine tuning.

Big changes!!!

No longer will I have to hack each plugin to add the functionality of the Open/Close feature. Now it is inside the Template. Running into an issue here however where I need it to be hidden but at this point its "ALWAYS" visible even if the user has not select that Plugin/Tab in my Plugin Selection addition. If you don't ever plan on buying/using the Plugin Selection then it really doesn't matter.

As for the ability to add new Positions in the template itself its pretty easy a matter of (4) lines of code... well I take that back! I will explain later its like 2:00am, have to be at work at 7:00am and I still need to take a shower.

Anyhow, here is the demo login details:

Login Link: www.industrialjobs.org/index.php?option=com_mtree&Itemid=55 "DO NOT TRY LOGGING IN ON THE MEMBER LOGIN PAGE!!!! I AM WORKING ON IT"

Username: hjames83
Password: tester

FYI!! All of the plugins which have the necessary code to Open/Close are activated so turning others on in the Plugin Selection will only put them in Div's or Tabs or HTML.... so no point.

Later and give me some feedback.

James

Joomla 1.5.24
More
15 years 4 days ago #15 by kolo
Since an issue on this topic is about charging for it and if hjames is going to charge $10, I say whats your paypal email? Ill give you $10 right now because I believe this is a great idea. Even though ppl state that joomla extensions should be free... I think that $5 - $10 dollars is fine if the extension is worthy. Its when an extension reaches like $90 is when It ruins the free idea. So much time and effort is put into coding, I think that this should be a win win, the coder gets $10 and keeps wanting to do more work and the user gets a sweet extension... $10 dollars to the coder for an awesome thing only makes him want to do more in the end ( or at least thats how I see it)! thats just my idea. HAHA SORRY FOR RAMBLING! keep up the work, the demo looks amazing.
More
15 years 4 days ago #16 by hjames
Sorry guys, its Easter here in the US. Not sure who all is from here but that's the reason for my delay. I will have a new update by the end of the weekend.

Thanks,
James

Joomla 1.5.24
More
15 years 2 days ago #17 by hjames
Does anyone have a request for features? Or color variations? Please let me know what you all want.... come on folks!

James

Joomla 1.5.24
More
15 years 2 days ago #18 by grumblemarc
A thought on visuals. Try matching to some of the popular template makers most popular offerings.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
More
15 years 1 day ago #19 by diavolo32
Hi hjames!! I think CB is a great Community Platform, but the templates by default make it very ugly. Your template, as i can see, would be the best way to make CB the greatest.

Maybe you know it, but i'm going to show these site, i think this template have great ideas and a goodlooking scene:

builder.joomlapraise.com/

¡¡Thank you for your hours and your work!! :D
More
15 years 1 day ago #20 by hjames
Actually, that template gave me some inspiration to get things done as I started with it and then after a few hours of piddling with it I decided not to use it. So, now I am back with the Default template modified the way I like it to look.

MY site is based on professional's and I felt that the layout I devised offered a very professional look and feel both for Individuals and Companies who may choose to create a profile.

My biggest problem I had with "praisebuilder" was that it loads I think the "RIGHT" module position from within the template and this would have been fine but I just didn't like it. Had they named it "Right-PB" or something like that it would be different because then it wouldn't be called on other pages. Anyhow, thats besides the point because its easy to change and easy to remove for someone with little to no code experience and a simple understanding of how Joomla! functions.

Next, I HATE the abnormally large tabs... whats up with that? I want my users profiles to be full of information and not bulky/cluttering/over-bearing brown blobs on the screen! "No offense Joomlapraise."

Anyhow, yea back to the point!

Joomlapraise did show that its possible to style CB to look pretty slick and I capitalized on it and feel as though I took two already excellent social platforms and am building extensions/plugins for them that hopefully bring eachothers Positive Features together.

James

Grumble... I wrote like a page response yesterday and I guess my hand had a spazm??? But somehow I hit the back page button on my keyboard and everything was gone. The luck ehh?

Joomla 1.5.24
Time to create page: 0.454 seconds