Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question [file]CB tab for Kunena

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #1 by carsten888
I needed a CB tab to work with Kunena. I had an old simpleboard-tab, which worked fine with Fireboard 1.0.4 Stable. I just installed Kunena and the plugin works fine except for the option 'threaded/flat'-view, which in the latest versions of Fireboard was integrated in those tabs above the forum header. I did not manage to rip that out.

I could not find it anywhere online, so could not post a link, so I attached the CB plugin in this post.

Note: this is for:
JOOMLA 1.0.15
community builder 1.1

It need language vars. Just paste the underneath vars in file:
components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default-language/default-language.php
Code:
DEFINE('_UE_KUNENA_TABTITLE', 'Forum Settings' ); DEFINE('_UE_KUNENA_ORDERING_OLDEST', 'Oldest post first' ); DEFINE('_UE_KUNENA_ORDERING_LATEST', 'Newest post first' ); DEFINE('_UE_KUNENA_ORDERING_TITLE', 'Message ordering' ); DEFINE('_UE_KUNENA_SIGNATURE', 'Your signature' ); DEFINE('_UE_KUNENA_VIEWTYPE_FLAT', 'View flat' ); DEFINE('_UE_KUNENA_VIEWTYPE_THREADED', 'View threaded' ); DEFINE('_UE_KUNENA_VIEWTYPE_TITLE', 'Preferred viewtype' ); DEFINE('_UE_KUNENA_TABDESC', 'General profile options' );
I hope this is helpfull to anyone. :)

File Attachment:

File Name: plug_cbsim...dtab.zip
File Size:7 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by carsten888.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2 by Baze
Replied by Baze on topic Re:[file]CB tab for Kunena
i get this error when i try to install it:

The directory in which the plugin should install does not exist: probably the parent extension is not installed. Install parent extension first. Plugin parent directory missing: "/server here/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfireboard/joomlaboard/" and plugin directory specified by installer for installation "/server here/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfireboard/joomlaboard/simpleboardtab/"

More
15 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:[file]CB tab for Kunena
The "missing directory on installation" problem is a relatively simple one to fix. Assuming that you're trying to install the CB tab plugin for Kunena 1.0.8 , create the following directories

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbkunena/
/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbkunena/joomlaboard

then install the plugin from the Community Builder plugin installation control panel.

More
15 years 2 months ago #4 by Baze
Replied by Baze on topic Re:[file]CB tab for Kunena
Thanks! it works now ;)

More
15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #5 by sozzled
I had, until recently, relied upon the CB forum tab referred to in this discussion. It works fine, even with a bit of fiddling during the installation, to provide users of Community Builder with a profile tab with information about their Kunena forum material. So far so good ... until recently when I tried to add new CB data fields and then all hell broke loose.

Attempting to add a new field resulted in a "500 Internal server error". The Joomlapolis website was totally inadequate in tracking down the source of this error - in fact, all previous discussions with "500 Internal server error" have been locked. We can only speculate on the reasons for that.

Not only was it not possible to add a new field, attempts to run the built-in Check Community Builder User Fields Database tool likewise resulted in the same "internal server error".

I've been able to track down the cause of this problem - but it took me several days:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class CBfield_forumstats in ..\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbsimpleboardtab\cb.simpleboardtab.php on line 76.

The problem occurs merely because the cb.kunenatab plugin is installed ... irrespective of whether it is published! :ohmy: The solution is to either uninstall the standard cb.simpleboardtab (which can't be done because it's a core component of Community Builder! :( ) or ininstall the cb.kunenatab plugin. I went for the line of least resistance and removed the cb.kunenatab plugin and, hey presto, I could operate Community Builder again! :woohoo:

However, this doesn't solve the initial problem: how to add a forum tab on a CB profile that operates with Kunena. :S The best solution that I've found is the "Tony Woodhouse" method: see Kunena Integration with CB - Step by step guide.
Last edit: 15 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #6 by puffermedia
sozzled wrote:

The "missing directory on installation" problem is a relatively simple one to fix. Assuming that you're trying to install the CB tab plugin for Kunena 1.0.8 , create the following directories

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbkunena/
/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbkunena/joomlaboard

then install the plugin from the Community Builder plugin installation control panel.

These were exactly the instructions I needed. Short and to the point and worked like a charm.

Thanks.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #7 by sozzled
@puffermedia: thanks, I'm pleased you solved your installation problems. Have you also read what I wrote in #9839 above: now that you've installed the new plugin, does the the Community Builder Check Community Builder User Fields Database tool still work?

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #8 by puffermedia
Grrr... I'm beginning to remember why CB sucks to administer. :angry:

Soz, yeah, I ran the CB tools and it completely destroyed the fireboard tab.

Oh well, back to square one.

More
13 years 3 months ago #9 by jorgegoi
Replied by jorgegoi on topic Re:[file]CB tab for Kunena
I have the same problem; anybody managed to fix this, please share your knowledge.
:whistle:

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #10 by sozzled

jorgegoi wrote: I have the same problem; anybody managed to fix this, please share your knowledge.
:whistle:

I think you should read I have the same problem ...

This topic involves problems with K 1.0.8, Joomla 1.0.15 and CB 1.1. None of these products is supported any more. Is that the same problem that you are having? :dry:

jorgegoi: When you write "I have the same problem", in the context of a discussion that took place 18 months ago, please try to be quite specific about the nature of your problem. Thank you.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds