Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Restricted Forum User For Kunena 2.0

More
14 years 9 months ago #81 by MartinRuthenberg
Hi MacJoomla,

I am answering in English so that non German users can benefit from my experience (I PM you soon.):

There was one issue I misunderstand when you wrote about assigning a user to one group only. I thought you meant a user shouldn’t be assigned to two or more groups that had been created by control and I left them in Joomla registerd group as well.

Assigning a user to only one group at all I started seeing a restricted forum. But as I want to be member of a restricted forum I had to create another admin account and change my former admin account into a user account only assigned to this restricted forum. This gave me a big mess. As restricted forum user I couldn’t see my forum. To a test user it was displayed but not properly. And as an admin I couldn’t log into my frontend any more.

So I have to warn people: Never ever try control with a productive forum. Be careful about creating and changing user accounts.

I didn’t use control with a productive forum either. And I will be trying again. This time I will accomplish all the changements that deal with user accounts before installing control to see whether it makes a difference. But as I am short of time it will last before I’ll be back reporting.

Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #82 by JBHawaii
@Martin,

I am sorry you are having difficulty getting this to work for you. But I feel it necessary to state that this component work flawlessly with kunena on my live production site. Perhaps there maybe somethings that you are confused about configuring? I have been playing around with many different ACL components for joomla, and in all honesty this has got to be the best I have encountered yet! The best part about it is it's free!

If you would like to see this working on a "Live Site" I will pm you a temporary admin account for your viewing pleasure. Maybe if you see a pre-configured setup you might be able to achieve what you are setting out to accomplish.

Let me know!

Mahalo,
JBHawaii

More
14 years 9 months ago #83 by MartinRuthenberg
JBHawai,

thank you for your posting. It's somehow overwhelming how MacJoomla and you try to help me. I am going to PM you.

Martin

More
14 years 9 months ago #84 by rolandd
Ok, I am also having troubles, no idea why. Here is what I did:
  1. Create a new group in Control called Private
  2. Assigned a user to the Private group and removed the assignment to the Registered group
  3. Updated the forum to only allow people from the Private group
  4. Synchronized users from Kunena
  5. Logged the user in
  6. User does not see the private forum

So the question is, did I miss a step? Did I do a step wrong?

Running Joomla 1.5.12, Kunena 1.5.4, Control 1.0.7 all are vanilla installations.

More
14 years 9 months ago #85 by Zaydok
I took the same steps and achieved the same result. So I don't think that we missed anything, at least not by what has been said in this thread. So so far I count three people in this thread having the same issue.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #86 by MacJoomla
i am sorry, control isnt working for you as expected. I can say, like JBHawai did, for me it is doing the trick. From here its difficult to analyse the problem on other enviroments. I was just looking an testing over again and here are some little hints, maybe something helps?

Control:
Did you create group as child of registered?
You shouldnt change Group Value of new group after creating
Maybe Group Name/Value shouldnt use spaces or entities (not checked by myself)

Kunena Forumadministraton:
Did you give the category, the forum is in, appropriate access level?
Did you publish categories and forums?
Did you make sure, forum/category isnt checked out?
Did you make forum open for non moderators/admins?
In my case frontendaccess is set to: new created group for example "private"
In my case backendaccess is set to: Super Administrator
Can you then see forum, if you are logged in as superadmin in frontend? (You should)

Plugin:
Did you install and publish the jxlibraries plugin?

I will post it here, if i find something more about…
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by MacJoomla.

More
14 years 9 months ago #87 by rolandd
Ok, I don't know what to say but this morning I checked again according to your checklist and all seems to be configured right. What beats me, it is working for me now :). Is there some sort of cache?

More
14 years 9 months ago #88 by MartinRuthenberg
Kunena 1.5.4, Community Builder 1.2.1, Joomla 1.5.12, Control 1.0.7

I did all my changings about admin accounts before installing control. Now I have two restricted forums running on a productive site. It is only two days but as far as I can see there are not any problems.

Thanks for your persistence, MacJoomla and JBHawaii

Martin

More
14 years 9 months ago #89 by tamerax
i got it working on my site too. Had to really be careful with how the permissions were setup but things are smooth now :)

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #90 by rolandd

Is there some sort of cache?

To answer my own question yes there is. The cache is the table jos_fb_sessions. This table contains a column called "allowed". If there are already boards in the allowed field for a user it won't get checked again until some time it seems (this time is unknown to me and too long to wait for :P).

Forcing this column to a value of "na" will cause Kunena to re-read the user permissions and thus the new board is added to the allowed boards and the user will see it.

So bottom line is, if you add a special board for only users make sure the allowed field gets reset. To do this for all users you can execute this code:
Code:
UPDATE `jos_fb_sessions` SET `allowed` = 'na'

Maybe Group Name/Value shouldnt use spaces or entities (not checked by myself)

I am using group names with spaces without a problem. The value shouldn't have a space. Control replaces this automatically with a dash (-).

I am happy to know what causes the problems :cheer:

Next challenge is to find out how to allow users to more than 1 private forum.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by rolandd.

Time to create page: 0.575 seconds