Kunena 5.2.2 released (13 Jan 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.2 [K 5.2.2] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.2

× This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Restricted Forum User For Kunena 2.0

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #71 by MartinRuthenberg
I am sorry but the Control component doesn't work for me with Kunena 1.5.4, Community Builder 1.2.1 and Joomla 1.5.

Martin
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by MartinRuthenberg. Reason: to correct kunena version

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #72 by MartinRuthenberg
I am sorry but the Control component doesn't work for me with Kunena 1.5.4, Community Builder 1.2.1 and Joomla 1.5.

Martin
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by MartinRuthenberg. Reason: I corrected kunena version

More
11 years 6 months ago #73 by MacJoomla
MartinRuthenberg wrote:

I am sorry but the Control component doesn't work for me with Kunena 1.0.9, Community Builder 1.2.1 and Joomla 1.5.

What exactly does not work? In my case it works fine with Kunena 1.0.10 and Kunena 1.5.3. Seems, as if it was a good idea to update Kunena anyway.

More
11 years 6 months ago #74 by MartinRuthenberg

What exactly does not work?

Sorry, for pasting wrong kunena version. Actually it is 1.5.4.
This have been my steps:

1. By control I created the access level "restricted" under parent "-registered". (Up to now I can't see where this could be of any importance in the following process.)

2. I created "group1" and "group2" under parent "---registered".

3. I added different users to group1 and group2.

4. Checking Community Builder User Management I can see that users who have been added to one of the new groups have been doubled. (So it looks as if control would integrate with CB.)

5. In Kunena configuration I synchronized users.

6. I created two new forum kategories (three red crosses behind them and published) an allowed access to one of the new groups for each.

Both restricted forums are not to be seen by their user groups. I have been trying several times using main forums and child forums.

But there has another interesting thread being opend about this issue.

Martin

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #75 by MacJoomla
Ok, after some extensive tests and investigations on my site i can say, its almost like you did, but here come some maybe differences. Could you please be so kind to check if this works for you?

1. You dont have to create an accesslevel (your point 1)

2. Assign group to user in component "Control"

3. You should not put one user in more than one group (as your groups are childs of registered i hope they will stay registered, even as members from only a childgroup.

4. Synchronize Users in Kunena. It will say, there wasnt anything to synchronize, but it helps

5. Thats it. And like this it works for me reproducable.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by MacJoomla.

More
11 years 6 months ago #76 by MartinRuthenberg
Thanks, for looking after this again and again. I did it like you did it. And I tried it from scratch again. But it doesn't work for me. It's a pity as I really would like to have it working. :(

Martin

More
11 years 6 months ago #77 by MacJoomla
just one quick idea, did you install only the component "control" or did you also install the belonging plugin?

More
11 years 6 months ago #78 by MartinRuthenberg
I like your perseverence, MacJoomla. You mean the jxlibraries plugin? - Yes I installed and activated it.

More
11 years 6 months ago #79 by MacJoomla
MartinRuthenberg wrote:

I like your perseverence, MacJoomla. You mean the jxlibraries plugin? - Yes I installed and activated it.

danke :) normalerweise bleibe ich auch so lange dran, bis etwas funktioniert, aber jetzt komme ich per Ferndiagnose einfach nicht mehr weiter. Klingt alles bestens und genau so, wie ich es auch bei mir eingerichtet habe. Die beiden wichtigen Dinge scheinen mir 1. nur eine Gruppe pro User, dann gibts jeden User auch in CB nur noch einmal und 2. das Synchronisieren der Kontakte im Kunena Backend. Ach ja und 3. Zuweisen der Gruppen in der Control Komponente.

Wenn mir doch noch was einfallen sollte, werde ich mich natürlich melden. Wäre nett, wenn du hier auch von weiteren Schritten/Ideen berichten könntest.

More
11 years 6 months ago #80 by Zaydok
I've run into the same problem as MartinRuthenberg. Same versions of everything and it seems only I can see the forums. At first I couldn't see them either, but I made sure to set public front-end to the group that I created and was a part of and the backend was set to "Public Back-end". Before I set the back-end part I couldn't see it either. So I even tried setting up a backend group and putting the other users into it as well and still nothing. :(

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds