Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question InfinityHU 1.6 final - a Kunena 1.6 dark template

• pedrohsi
  • pedrohsi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago #41 by pedrohsi
i have no idea, i don't know anything about coding, but i'd assume it's a Kunena issue and not about templates at all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #42 by madLyfe
ya, try using the default template.. if its still there then its not a third party template problem(or a template problem at all) and post as a bug..

word up!

More
13 years 3 months ago #43 by rod
great this template! thx!!

I testing kunena forum with:
Firefox 25.0

More
13 years 2 months ago #44 by boardhead
The template looks and works great, except for formatting the user profile.

There, everything works well (except for some scroll bars around some of the entry fields - seems lke it should fit, but whatever).

The only problem is the entry box for the avatar.

The gallery seems to scroll endlessly to the right, but the scroll bar doesn't do anything.

An image is attached. The border of my kunena template is seen on the right. The box seems to just go way off out of sight to the right, and the scroll bar doesn't move.

Attachments:

• pedrohsi
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #45 by pedrohsi
it's not like that for me, try it with the default Kunena template - if it does the same thing, there's a CSS conflict with your Joomla template

More
13 years 2 months ago #46 by boardhead
Thanks for the quick reply.

I will try tonight on a test server I have at home.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #47 by boardhead
I'm in a conundrum, because when using IE, I replicate this behavior on the test machine and switching to JA_Purity fixes it.

However, it works fine in Firefox. [strike]And I can't use firebug to figure out what is wrong when it is screwing up in IE!![/strike]

Nevermind, IE8 has something like firebug built in.

later

I used the IE8 web developer stuff and found one of two problems.

The first is that the table with the icons was looking at a page width of my monitor. THe template is a variable width template and expands when you maximize the window. It seems like (only with IE8) it was looking for a much larger window. When I maximized it, I could see the right hand scroll button.

But that didn't answer the issue with the icons all in a line. To fix that, I added width:1350px to the #Kunena td.kuadesc selector. Actually, could add in any arbitrarily large number here and it would arrange the icons in a grid to match the size. Weird.

There is one other problem and that is the table in the profile window is shifted over several pixels, enough to add a scrollbar on the bottom, which in turn adds a scroll bar on the right. I looked at every style element for every div and table and td but nothing I turned off would fix it. The only thing that got rid of the scrollbars to was comment out the width:100% line in the #Kunena div.kblock selector. The indent is still there on the left, but the block only goes to the edge of the window, so no scrollbar.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by boardhead.

• pedrohsi
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #48 by pedrohsi
honestly, IE is like weird magic to me - every single version behaves differently, i bet it's not the same under IE7 and IE6 :p

More
13 years 2 months ago #49 by boardhead
FOrtunately they fianlly got rid of IE6 at work last year, but with IE7 and IE8 behavior is the same.

Had to add in the width:100% again to make the actual forum look nicer. Users have scroll bar in editing their profile, but that happens about one or two times ever per user, so no big deal.

• pedrohsi
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #50 by pedrohsi
it's weird, cause it's not like that in my IE8 either - the avatar gallery does not exceed the main frame width, the images are listed vertically

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds