Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Module showing thread with most replies...

More
14 years 3 months ago #11 by sozzled
This latest problem has had me baffled for hours. It seems that the module works fine if it's published on the same page(s) as the forum, but it doesn't like being published elsewhere on your website.

taiklan, can you confirm if the module works on your forum page?

In the meantime I'll keep struggling to work out how to define the
undefined function" :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12 by taiklan
Hi Sozzled

Sorry to be troubling you like this ... your exactly right. Everything works when the module is published on the same menu as the forum. Wow ... it would be great if that could be fixed.

Anybody out there that has an idea what could be wrong?

More
14 years 3 months ago #13 by sozzled
I think I've fixed the problem now! :) The new version (V 1.2) corrects the behaviour.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14 by taiklan
That's so great ... thank you so much. If your up for it I have one more feature that I'm looking for...

I also need to be able to show the most recent threads that have been replied to. I know I'm asking a lot...:-)

Does your site receive donation ... I'll happily make one ;-)

More
14 years 3 months ago #15 by sozzled
Thank you for the gesture (to donate). You can buy be a slab (2 dozen x 375 ml bottles/cans) of beer next time you're in Australia. OK? ;)

I'm curious to know what you're looking for in a module that displays "the most recent threads that have been replied to". Isn't that what the "Recent Discussions" function already does? :unsure:

More
14 years 3 months ago #16 by taiklan
Hahahahahah ... I would to buy you a slab ....;-)

You mean the the "Recent Discussions" function in the component? That's right. I just want to be able to show this in a module elsewhere om the site. To promote the forum, so to speak.

Do you think that's doable?

More
14 years 3 months ago #17 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Latest posts module
I think you might find Kunena latest posts module will do what you're looking for. I haven't used the module so I can't help you, I'm sorry.

Alternatively, you can use an idea that I've written about a long time ago (which I've implemented on my demo site): A simple alternative to the "latest posts module" . This idea uses the built-in Kunena RSS feed module (which you already have) and so it's very easy to implement without making any other changes. If you want to customise the look, like I have done at my demo site, the general instructions are given in the topic I've just referred to.

I hope that helps. :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #18 by taiklan
Replied by taiklan on topic Re: Latest posts module
Hi

Okay I'll have a look again. But as far as I remember those modules shows latest threads that have been relied to AND new threads... I wanted it just to show just the latest threads that have replied to...

More
13 years 9 months ago #19 by valandis

sozzled wrote: I've created a module that will display the most replied-to Kunena threads. You can see it demonstrated at demo.enduring.com.au/forum and you can download it here .

To the moderators: please move this topic to the User Contributions » Modules category.

Thanks again for sharing a very useful module for Kunena mate! :)

ValAddThis - Social Bookmarking Extension plugin and module .

More
13 years 1 week ago #20 by automant
Hi I would like to know if this module has been updated to work with the 1.6.3 of Kunena Forum. I installed using the normal procedure showed here demo.enduring.com.au/downloads/Kunena/mo...ena_mostreplied.zip/ and the following error was generated

Warning: include_once(KUNENA_FILE_LANGUAGE_DEFAULT) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\automant\modules\mod_kunena_mostreplied\mod_kunena_mostreplied.php on line 26

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'KUNENA_FILE_LANGUAGE_DEFAULT' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp\htdocs\automant\modules\mod_kunena_mostreplied\mod_kunena_mostreplied.php on line 26

I was testing it on a localhost with the following configuration

XAMPP for Windows Version 1.7.1 !
PHP Version 5.2.9
MySQL 5.1.33
Apache 2.2.11
Joomla 1.5.22

If this topic is closed please let me know if I need to open a new one

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds