Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Dorona_Brown_ex

More
14 years 6 months ago #21 by nzjacob
Replied by nzjacob on topic Re:Dorona_Brown_ex
Upgrade Kunena - you say you are running 1.0.11
Why not upgrade to the native 1.5.5 or new 1.5.6 version

This Template was built for 1.5.4 - you could use that if security is not that important to you ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #22 by Jingz
Replied by Jingz on topic Re:Dorona_Brown_ex
nzjacob wrote:

Upgrade Kunena - you say you are running 1.0.11
Why not upgrade to the native 1.5.5 or new 1.5.6 version

This Template was built for 1.5.4 - you could use that if security is not that important to you ?

Oh,...I thought Kunena 1.5.6 is for Joomla 1.5.x only?
My site is still on Joomla 1.0.15 version... that's why its too hassle for me to redo everything from scratch. :(

More
14 years 6 months ago #23 by Ishtar
Replied by Ishtar on topic Re:Dorona_Brown_ex
Hi

Is this template compatible with Kunena 1.5.6?

Greetings
Ishtar

Greetings - Ishtar

More
12 years 4 months ago #24 by oates
Replied by oates on topic Dorona_Brown_ex for 1.7?
Dorona_Brown_ex was my fav. template. I have it on an old joomla site, easily nicer than any others. Surprised I can't find a download for it in 1.7

Any ideas anyone? this was it BTW: www.kunena.org/forum/206-k-10-and-k-15-m...-doronabrownex#11560

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #25 by sozzled
I'm sorry to have to cut short this trip down memory lane but the fact is that many of these home-grown templates were, in fact, largely responsible for people not keeping up-to-date. This was because templates designed for one version of Kunena mostly did not work in the next minor release of Kunena! So, if a template (like this one) was designed for K 1.5.4 there was a high probability that it would break things if people upgraded to K 1.5.5 (and so on). This meant that as K 1.5 became more mature, we received a huge number of questions asking why things were continually breaking.

While some designs like this one may have been attractive to some people, they actually caused more problems for everyone concerned.

Accordingly the project decided to take a strong stand on "third party" K 1.5 templates. While they may be nice to have around, it's because because their designers didn't check them for compatibility with updates to Kunena. Not updating meant that people were unable to secure their forums. Eventually the project needed to find a way of discouraging these "point releases" in favour of the approach taken by K 1.6 (and K 1.7).

At this time, I can only offer oates two pieces of advice:

(1) Design your own template or have someone design a template for you that is close to the K 1.5 "Dorona_Brown_ex" template; and

(2)

I apologise to oates for merging his question with a topic in locked category, but I think this is where the question properly belongs. We have had numerous discussions on why K 1.5 templates are not easily adaptable for K 1.6/K 1.7 over the past eighteen months. I don't see a further need to resurrect K 1.5 from the dead.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds