Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question How to Convert from IPB 3.1.2 to Kunena 1.6.3

More
12 years 10 months ago #11 by dewojcik
Unfortunately I still get the same issue with the Topic links all going to the same starting topic page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #12 by dewojcik
Ahh silly me - I still need to update the plugins by hand

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #13 by sozzled
Don't forget to upgrade the add-ons, too. ;)

[strike]Did the upgrade fix the issue?[/strike]

Hmmm ... still looks like you have a Joomla menu issue. You need to read (carefully, obviously) Customised menus in the Wiki.

I doubt that the issue is complicated by the third-party Kunena template that you've got but you never know until you try going back to basics and test your forum with the Kunena Blue Eagle.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #14 by dewojcik
Ok - upgrades of plugins and modules finished, here is the latest configuration report.

Can you tell me which line you see in this report that points to a menu issue still being there? I apologize, I just don't see it.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 24M

Joomla default template details : rt_zephyr_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.2 | creationdate: November 16, 2010

Kunena default template details : Integrity Pro Kunena 1.6 Template | author: TemplateKunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2011-01-24

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.0.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.4 | My Kunena Forum Posts 1.6.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4 | Kunena Stats 1.6.4 | Kunena Login 1.6.4 | Kunena Search 1.6.4

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by dewojcik.

More
12 years 10 months ago #15 by sozzled

More
12 years 10 months ago #16 by sozzled
It turns out that my initial analysis of the problem was off-base. The problem is due to the conversion from IPB to Kunena which failed to properly map the parent id of the posted messages (table __kunena_messages). The messages in the converted database had parent=0 (which, effectively, "orphans" them) and therefore there's no way to view them later.

Good luck, Dan. It would be really great to hear how you managed to solve this problem and, if possible, post your solution on how to convert from IPB to Kunena for the benefit of others who may be in this situation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dewojcik

More
12 years 10 months ago #17 by dewojcik
Success! Once Sozzled and I talked through this and I was able to identify how to better rebuild the post/thread tree it is working. I do promise to share my scripts for this. Keep in mind I am on a much earlier version of IPB but with some tweaks I hope I can help those on later versions.

I am working now to fix problems where the signatures are messed up, or where people had embedded html in their posts. Also, I have only focused on users, posts/topics, and forum/category transfers. There is still the realm of private messages, etc. Stay tuned to this thread and I will share the more finalized and cleaned up scripts.

Thank you again Sozzled!

Dan
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #18 by dewojcik
I did not post everything here as I still don't consider it "finished". However, I do have a solution to help people get very far with the conversion. I will be attaching 10 scripts here. These scripts assume you have your old database backed up and your new kunena install and database is ready. Also, you need to get your old database setup on the same server (or at least the tables that the scripts reference) so you can pull from it while inserting into your new database. I did not handle private messages. My users did not care. I was able to preserve the history of the forum and that is what counted. I did not handle signatures very well as some of the links to images end up showing up as bad links. Still, this is a minor inconvenience and each user can setup their signature again, or can just edit what is there. If you choose, you can spot the section in the scripts and just not move over the signature column at all. Or, wipe out the signature column entries after these scripts are run.

Anyway, I hope this helps some people. Of course, you will need to do a replace all to put in your new database name, new database prefix, old database name, and database prefix.

replace olddb. with [your old db name].
replace oldprefix_ with [your old db prefix]_
replace newdb. with [your new db name].
replace newprefix_ with [your new prefix]_

Good luck! I will continue to receive email notices of posts to this forum and will help if there are questions.

Dan
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by dewojcik.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #19 by dewojcik
Here is the first set of files - I had to rename the extensions from *.sql to *.txt in order to attach them.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by dewojcik.

More
12 years 4 months ago #20 by dewojcik
Here are the rest of the files
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.595 seconds