Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important phpBB Migrator: Looking for phpBB3 users that want to convert their data to Kunena 1.6

More
13 years 5 months ago #21 by Mar10e
I'm a new Kunena user and need to convert my phpBB forum to the latest Kunena. Some info on the phpBB forum:

version 3.0.7-PL1, 1552 messages, 307 topics, 121 users.

If you'd still like backupfiles or anything else, just let me know. And thanks in advance for all your time & work!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #22 by rain

More
13 years 4 months ago #23 by Scalare
I have a phpbb3 Vers. 3.0.7-PL1

13172 messages
1056 topics
131 Users

in Joomla i have 52 Users

47.75 MIB Database

I am waiting for the Migrator, let me know if u want to have data

More
13 years 4 months ago #24 by hkymre
phpbb 3.0.7pl1
Total posts 55815 • Total topics 4057 • Total members 196

Bridged using rokbridge.

Let me know if you need any dumps etc.

More
13 years 4 months ago #25 by Mar10e
Update on my first post

Mar10e wrote: phpBB version 3.0.7-PL1, 1552 messages, 307 topics, 121 users.

I tried phpBB3 -> Fireboard -> Kunena, but that didn't work out too well. I now have phpBB and J! connected using JFusion which will keep us going for the time being, but would still love to migrate to Kunena.

If there's anything I can do to help out with the testing just let us know :) and thanks in advance for all the great work you do! *tips hat*

More
13 years 4 months ago #26 by Scalare
a new version of PHPBB3 is ready to Update. If we want to do a migration from phpbb3 to Kunena should we do not make the Update or it dosn's matter ?

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #27 by weaklinks
Hi im desperate i just spent days moving to phpbb3 from IPB3 so I can use this sites software
I have
Total posts 255778 • Total topics 30890 • Total members 4336
I did have 650 k but did a clean up I still have the DB that has 650k anyway my forums is about 6-7 years old
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by weaklinks.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #28 by GoremanX
We have a phpBB 3.0.7 pl-1 forum with just under 6000 posts. It's synchronized using JFusion. We'd love to have a fully functional migration tool.

We were only partially successful by going through Agora first, but the phpBB3 -> Agora converter is miserable and doesn't import everything. I can't believe they charge money for that useless thing.

We were mostly successful using the Fireboard -> Kunena 1.6 method, however none of the attachments were preserved and all links to them were mangled.

This is a big issue for us since our community is based on photography. Being able to keep the attachments is vital. I have no problem with copying all the files over manually if necessary, although it would be nice if the converter did it automatically. We do not use a default table prefix (for either Joomla or phpBB)

I wish we'd started with Kunena to begin with, but it didn't really meet our needs until 1.6.1 came out. Now we're desperate to move away from the JFusion setup before our community gets too big.

I'd be happy to provide access to whatever files you need to help develop this converter.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by GoremanX.

More
13 years 4 months ago #29 by DCJunior
HI... I have a phpbb3 forum with:

Users: 6440
Phpbb Version: 3.0.8

any news about the migrator?

More
13 years 4 months ago #30 by Mar10e
I've recently done the phpBB3 to Fireboard to Kunena conversion and afterwards managed to update to Kunena 1.6.

A converter would have been a lot easier (on the nerves as well ;)) but everything is working fine and my users are happy.

You can take me 'off the list', so to speak, as everything is working smoothly :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds