Kunena 5.2.6 released and Blue eagle 1.6.6 released (25 Jul 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.6 [K 5.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.6

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important phpBB Migrator: Looking for phpBB3 users that want to convert their data to Kunena 1.6

More
10 years 3 months ago #111 by Matias
There are still issues with Joomla 1.6+ support -- Joomla 1.5 is fine.

phpBB2/3 imports are almost perfect, but passwords still needs minor work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #112 by polpaulin
perfect as soon as it is ready I move from phpbb to kunena

thanks a lot

More
10 years 3 months ago #113 by dgvapor

More
10 years 3 months ago #114 by clownonfire
Hi there,

I am one of the founders of Amphibian Network. We are a board composed a well known hobbyists and moderators from other forums. We are currently using phpbb3 through JFusion and are totally disgruntled with it (see thread: www.kunena.org/forum/168-k-16-support/10...b3-jfusion-to-kunera).

We are really interested in migrating to kunena and this migrator seems the way to do it. We don't have a large amount of users no posts, we simply launched 2 weeks ago, but we want to migrate quickly before users get used to the look and feel.

Looking forward to know more!

Eric

More
10 years 3 months ago #115 by clownonfire
We are also working with Joomla 1.5.23, so even more excited to work with you on this from what I have read on this thread.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116 by vatoloco
I am in for this, too! Afte rbeing absent from Kunena for about 9 months I have a phpbb3 forum running now with about 7k members and 20k posts. Eagerly waiting for a solution to test.

More
10 years 3 months ago #117 by tlangas
Can I get a sandbox? 9000 posts, 1300 topics, 500 users. Currently the fireboard work around does not work, due to lack of character escaping, and my lack of mysql skills. Also, 9000 posts are a little too much to copy and paste.

More
10 years 3 months ago #118 by Matias
The extension is scheduled to be released in few days. Great news is that phpBB3 import is one of the most complete ones. :)

More
10 years 3 months ago #119 by polpaulin
you mean it will be possible to import all from phpbb3 to kunena within a few days ?
I am waiting since one year.... may I ofer a beer to someone ? :-)

More
10 years 3 months ago #120 by Matias
It took 2 years from me (when the time permitted) to make the import to work how I wanted it. :)

Import is pretty much complete and a lot of data gets imported. That includes users, their profiles, avatars & avatar galleries, some session data, categories, moderators, topics and all messages (including all bbcode and emoticons), polls, votes, attachments, subscriptions, some information from configuration..

ACL is not imported and all moderators are just moderators. There's also some data that's not imported because of we do not have support for it -- like URL avatars.

So one beer, please ;)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds