Kunena 5.1.18 Released (30 Jun 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.18 [K 5.1.18] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Fatal error from Kunena search plugin

More
8 years 11 months ago #11 by lovgret
I am using an Artisteer 3.0 template... could influence the searchresult?
...feeling desperate here :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #12 by sozzled

lovgret wrote: Can I reinstall Kunena on top of the existing Kunena installation

Yes, you can.

You have Kunena menu issues - your configuration report shows that you do not have a Kunena menu at all. Is that how you want things?

Let's eliminate the Kunena Search plugin for the time being. Let's also eliminate the Kunena Search module, too. Uninistall both these things. Does this make a difference? If it does not make a difference, leave them uninstalled and post your updated K 1.6 configuration repor.

I don't think this "fatal error" has anything to do with the Kunena search plugin at all. It think there's something else going on. :unsure:

More
8 years 11 months ago #13 by lovgret
Hi,
uninstalling the Kunena Search Plugin helped... but that's no news. The purpose was to be able to search in articles, Kunena, Blog, etc. from one search box, but for some reason the result was just a white page whenever I did a search with the Kunena search plugin enabled. But I've uninstalled both the plugin and the search module now. The latter, by the way, worked fine all along.

I am not sure what you mean with not having a Kunena menu..? On my homepage, I use the Joomla topmenu, and one of the items here is to the Kunena forum. In here, I have the Kunena Menu. Should I do this differently?

thnx so far.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : bonusforum_20110718_hvid | author: bonus-forum.dk | version: 1.1 | creationdate: 2011-07-17

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder: The file doesn't exist comprofilej.xml ! | Jomsocial 2.2.3 | UddeIm: The file doesn't exist uddeim.j15.xml !

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #14 by sozzled

lovgret wrote: Uninstalling the Kunena Search Plugin helped...

I assume that you mean that you don't get the "white page" symptom any more, is that correct?

lovgret wrote: I am not sure what you mean with not having a Kunena menu..? On my homepage, I use the Joomla topmenu, and one of the items here is to the Kunena forum. In here, I have the Kunena Menu. Should I do this differently?

There is a "standard" approach. You've decided to do things differently; that's OK. I assume that you are fully familiar with the intricacies of the Joomla menu "system" - I have to admit, that the Joomla menu "system" is too complicated for me to understand and that's why I just do things the "standard" way.

If you want to customise your own Kunena menu there is a good technical article on that subject. Please read Customised Menus .

The main point that I want to ascertain is that we've positively identified the cause of the fatal error. If, as you say, uninstalling the Kunena Search (plugin or module) fixes the problem, then we may need to investigate this deeper. This is the first time we've received a report like this; maybe it has something to do with J! 1.6.x (or J! 1.6.5 in particular)?
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds