Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Import Kunena forum data to other Kunena forum

More
12 years 1 month ago #11 by Galaktix
@Plugje

Thank you for such a detailed manual!

but I will make mix - your suggestions + new site creation. My old site have a lot of extensions for j1.5 only, therefore I keep user details, kunena and other details, but I will create other site with jomsocial, kunena and other latest extensions and when after that I will replace my old site with new.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #12 by Plugje
Glad I could help.

For migration from site to site you also can use this. It's even easier.
  1. Export this tables from the old site:
  2. jos_users ; Jos_core_acl_aro ; Jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map
  3. Delete in the new site the same tables.
  4. Import the exported tables into the new site
Jomsocial
  1. Export all the jos_community* tables from the old site:
  2. Delete in the new site the same tables.
  3. Import the exported tables into the new site
  4. Copy the following folders from the old site to the new site:
  5. /images/avatar ; /images/groupphotos ; /images/origionalphotos ; /images/origionalvideos ; /images/photos ; /images/videos
Do the same with all the kunena tables.

Be sure you have the same versions on both sites, otherwise first update to a newer version. Also sometimes extensions have some problems with the database. In that case, just import all the tables and run again an installation of Kunena and Jomsocial. Your settings will not be overwritten, but sometimes new data entries will be made.

Older extensions can be a problem yes. There are some extension to make your own modules/plugins. I want to try one of these days if I can update an older version with this. It may be possible to make an empty module, copy the php, scripts etc in this module. Hopefully it will work then in a newer version. But...it just an idea..if it will work...time will tell :)
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Plugje.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiminimonka

More
12 years 3 days ago - 12 years 3 days ago #13 by Topaz
Just performed that procedure on Joomla 1.5.26 to Joomla 2.5.4

FULL SUCCESS

Interesting to note that the 1.5 site had admin demoted to registered user with different password. The 2.5 site had admin as SU with another password and it was admin with the new password on the new 2.5 site. I thought I would need to synchronise users but I did not.

Thanks for this guide I would have missed the need to copy the folder otherwise.
Last edit: 12 years 3 days ago by Topaz. Reason: marked as solved because it works for me

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds