Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Search Plugin does not work

More
13 years 4 months ago #11 by mibert
Hi there,

finally I found the second problem with the search plugin.
The first one is the naming issue, as Louis suggested earlier.

The reason, why the plugin only found topics, which was written before the forum update was, that the search plugin was looking up the MySQL table #__fb_messages and #__fb_messages_text.

However, the migration script, converting Kunena 1.5 into Kunena 1.6 is creating new tables, which are called #__kunena_messages and #__kunena_messages_text.

By changing this table names in the plugin script, its now working fine.

I would recommend to update the search plugin in the download area.

I am still wondering, why nobody else faced the same issue. It should apply to everybody, who upgraded from Kunena 1.5 to 1.6.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help and have a nice weekend

Best regards

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #12 by xillibit
Hello,

There are two search plugins : one plugin has been designed by a third party personn which is not in kunena team and had released a version for k1.5.x
one other plugin has been made by kunena team and is available here :http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/kunena/frs/

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 4 months ago #13 by mibert
Hi xillibit,

the plugin, which has the two above bugs is the one, which I downloaded from joomlacode.org/gf/project/kunena/frs/

plg_kunenasearch_v1.6.0-RC2_b94_2010-08-31.zip

Its not the third party plugin.

Best regards

Michael

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #14 by yaksushi
I tried updating the kunenasearch.php and changed
Code:
$query = "SELECT m.id, m.subject AS title, m.catid, m.thread, m.name, m.time AS created, t.mesid, t.message AS text, m.ordering, mm.hits, c.name AS section, 1 AS browsernav FROM #__fb_messages_text AS t INNER JOIN #__fb_messages AS m ON m.id=t.mesid INNER JOIN #__fb_messages AS mm ON mm.id=m.thread INNER JOIN #__fb_categories AS c ON m.catid = c.id WHERE {$where} AND m.moved=0 AND m.hold=0 AND mm.hold=0 AND mm.catid IN ({$ksession->allowed}) GROUP BY m.thread ORDER BY {$order}";

to
Code:
$query = "SELECT m.id, m.subject AS title, m.catid, m.thread, m.name, m.time AS created, t.mesid, t.message AS text, m.ordering, mm.hits, c.name AS section, 1 AS browsernav FROM #__kunena_messages_text AS t INNER JOIN #__kunena_messages AS m ON m.id=t.mesid INNER JOIN #__kunena_messages AS mm ON mm.id=m.thread INNER JOIN #__kunena_categories AS c ON m.catid = c.id WHERE {$where} AND m.moved=0 AND m.hold=0 AND mm.hold=0 AND mm.catid IN ({$ksession->allowed}) GROUP BY m.thread ORDER BY {$order}";

but it didn't work...
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by yaksushi.

More
13 years 4 months ago #15 by mibert
You also have to rename kunenasearch.php to kunena.php

Then it should work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yaksushi

More
13 years 4 months ago #16 by yaksushi

mibert wrote: You also have to rename kunenasearch.php to kunena.php

Then it should work.

Yes that worked!! Do I need to rename kunenasearch.xml as well?

More
13 years 4 months ago #17 by mibert
I think its not needed.

Best regards and merry christmas

Michael

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds