Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena 1.6.2 Released!

More
13 years 3 months ago #41 by darksoul
Replied by darksoul on topic Re: Kunena 1.6.2 Released!

readyman wrote: Yep, I am definetly going to stick with Kunena for a ling time too. It is fast, reliable, the support is top notch, and it is very easy to use, while still being complex enough to run a professional forum. :)

Thanks again Kunena!

Suppor kunena by reviewing in on the JED!
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 3 months ago #42 by dirkovision
Nice to read that.
Really goods news.
Thanks...!

However, it leaves 1 question: will template-mod's, icons and smileys be overwritten, updating that way ?
More
13 years 3 months ago #43 by jdenver
Replied by jdenver on topic Kunena 1.6.2 Released!
Is there a change log anywhere explaining what has changed? The only description I can find is this general statement, which doesn't say what's new or changed.
More
13 years 3 months ago #44 by dirkovision
reviewing in on the JED! ...sure..: n00b aks what is JED..??
More
13 years 3 months ago #45 by sozzled
More
13 years 3 months ago #46 by hanandeebes
Replied by hanandeebes on topic Kunena 1.6.2 Released!
I have Joomla 1.5.2 Can I upgrade to Kunena 1.6.2. without problems.

I am very new to Joomla, a simple yes or no would do.
Thanks
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #47 by dirkovision
yes, you can.
first install component Joomla! Update Manager .
let that tool do the work to update to J! 1.5.22.
it's free and you'll be on the safe side.
Then update to Kunena 1.6.2. but take care abt special, and/or modified template settings etc in your 'old' version.
Follow the threads on this forum.

dirko
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by dirkovision.
More
13 years 3 months ago #48 by Mortti
Replied by Mortti on topic Re: Kunena 1.6.2 Released!

hanandeebes wrote: I have Joomla 1.5.2 Can I upgrade to Kunena 1.6.2. without problems.

I am very new to Joomla, a simple yes or no would do.
Thanks

Read the first post again:

Be sure your setup meets or exceeds the minimum Technical Requirements or the install/upgrade process will fail. If it fails, your data will be left untouched.

You will found System Requirements also in here: docs.kunena.org/index.php/Kunena_1.6.2_R...#System_Requirements

Because you said that you are very new to Joomla! I think you wrote wrong Joomla! version number (maybe right is 1.5.20 or 1.5.22)?
More
13 years 3 months ago #49 by kenfreed
Replied by kenfreed on topic Kunena 1.6.2 Released!
I went to www.kunena.org/download , selected the 1.6.2 Installer/Updater, and downloaded com_kunena_v1.6.2_b3894_2010-12-29.zip. Then I went to Extensions->Install/Uninstall on the Joomla back end and browsed to the zip file and hit "Upload File & Install" (like usual). I got a big pink/red error stating "There was an error uploading this file to the server". Below it was the message "unable to find install package".

- Any advice? I'm running Joomla 1.5.21.
More
13 years 3 months ago #50 by kenfreed
Replied by kenfreed on topic Kunena 1.6.2 Released!
I installed version 1.5.9 into Joomla and it's working well - but there's one error on the front end page that displays the Kunena forum:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in D:\wamp\www\joomla\components\com_kunena\kunena.php on line 698

Other than this - it seems to be working OK.

On my earlier post: I imagine v1.6.2 is for Joomla 1.6??? (since it did not install into Joomla 1.5.21). If so, it would be helpful if this were clearer on the download page. And if not - the Kunena people have a bug. 1.6.2 will not install into Joomla 1.5.21
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds