Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question ERROR: mod_kunenalatest: Kunena 1.6.3 (or later) is not installed on your system!

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #11 by sozzled
mlewis wrote:

I sure hope there isn't any personal info left in there. I replaced my domain with mydomain.com.

Please don't do that. We respect your privacy and your decision to not share that information with us. As we've written in What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? your decision to not share certain information means that we're rather limited in the responses we can make.

If you read carefully, the information in the document that I have referred you to on two previous occasions, you will see that the information you wish to conceal is not viewable except to you (the author) and to the forum moderators of this site. This is because of the
This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mlewis
  • mlewis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #12 by mlewis
>We respect your privacy and your decision to not share that information with us.

If you respect it, I'm not sure why you're giving me grief then :). Editing the domain out doesn't change anything what so ever other than the domain name.

>your decision to not share certain information means that we're rather limited in the
>responses we can make.

I don't see how not wanting to share my domain name limits you in any way at all.

>If you read carefully, the information in the document that I have referred you to on
>two previous occasions

I don't understand why people put software out then get pissy with their own users. How do you expect me to be nice if you're going to treat me like this for simply not following your perfectly documented ways of listing problems. Give me a break. Either be nice so that I can work with you to figure out what is wrong or come back at me as you've been doing and I guess I'll have to move on knowing I'll never be treated kindly here.

>you will see that the information you wish to conceal is not
>viewable except to you (the author)

Privacy and discretion are based on what a person wants to give out. I don't want to give out the domain name, pretty simple and not a crime.

>I have also asked you when/where do you you see the error message "mod_kunenalatest:
>Kunena 1.6.3 (or later) is not installed on your system!" ? I am still waiting for
>your reply to that question. Your help in providing us with some help to see this
>problem would be appreciated.

Pretty sure I've replied to everything and posted everything I know.
The main component is 1.6.4.
The module is the latest posts, 1.6.3.
Joomla is 1.6.3.

The error shows up where ever I wish to enable the module. So far, I've only tried to put it on my top page. This part I may not answered but have been annoyed with your berating me like a child so guess I overlooked it.

>I'll be honest with you: I've never seen this problem before. I don't know what's causing the >problem or how to respond to your questions without your help. What else am I to do?

You're the author, one would think it would be important to you to want to know why this is happening. You have someone sitting on this side of the keyboard willing to give you that information if you'd stop insulting me long enough that I could actually give you what you need.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #13 by sozzled

mlewis wrote: You're the author ...

No, I'm not the author; you are the author of your messages. Only you (as the author of your messages) and me (as a forum moderator) can see what is contained within the
This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

• mlewis
  • Visitor
12 years 9 months ago #14 by mlewis
>No, I'm not the author; you are the author of your messages. Only you
>(as the author of your messages) and me (as a forum moderator) can see what is

Obviously, we're not talking about messages, we're talking about the software. I could care less if you're the actual author or just support or just a moderator. Your treating people asking for help like shit doesn't help anything but sure does make both sides feel crappy for no good reason.

>>The error shows up where ever I wish to enable the module.

>Thank you. Well, as I cannot see wherever you have enabled the module, I believe you.

If you'll actually take the time to read my very first post, I already said this. The only thing you didn't bother doing is asking me for more info which I would have happily provided.
For example, does this only happen when called up from within another module? Does it only happen when the module is published on it's own, on the top page, somewhere else? I didn't know what else to post at the time and was hoping you might ask some relevant questions that I could respond to since it's your software, I'm just an end user.

And the answer is, no, this happens no matter when I publish it.
>ERROR: mod_kunenalatest: Kunena 1.6.3 (or later) is not installed on your system!

Yes, Kunena 16.3 was installed at the time. Yes, I upgraded to 1.6.4 as posted, no changes. Yes, I posted my config file, minus domain which doesn't stop you from seeing everything else.

>My only advice to you is to uninstall the Kunena Latest module and then install
>Kunena Latest module again.

That's not much advise then because I've already done those things.

>I wasn't trying to beat you like a child; you asked for help and then you blindfolded us.

Oh, you're not trying to beat me like a child but in the same line you tell me how I did something wrong. Give me a freaking break, stop being so rude to people when you're having a bad day. There's plenty of that every time we drive to work and home on the highways.

In my first post, I even pointed out that I wasn't sure what else to post just yet and would wait for input so that I could provide more input. Yet you keep saying stupid things like I blindfolded you simply because I took my domain out. Come on.

>I can only really guess what is your problem (as I have never encountered
>this error before) and to advise you in a very general kind of way.
>I don't think you'd disagree that more specific answers require specific details >relevant to each case.

Why would I, it's what I suggested in my very first message but you're too busy thinking it's ok to berate me rather than help me.

>I've tried to approached your problem calmly courteously.

OMG, really, you honestly think that? You have got to be the type that puts his signal light on AFTER he's already cutting you off ROFL. You might want to re-read this whole thread, I've made a copy of it, it's too weird. Right off the bat you start insulting me without even reading my replies. Maybe you just need to take a little break from helping people because if you're helping them like this, I'm sure many are too nervous to come back to these forums and are looking for different software.

>As we have said, we do respect your privacy. You should also remember that
>I offer you my help voluntarily.

Why would I care about that? I do the same with every other Linux/Joomla user I know. Most everyone does but some feel the need to remind others of that I guess. What makes you think I don't appreciate someones time if they are willing to help me. If you're not happy helping others, why do it then?

>if you had really absorbed what was written in the page I've referred you to on three
>previous occasions, I am actually a taken aback by your abrupt attitude.

ROFL, my attitude? Wow, you've got nerves that must get you into hot water hehe. Open your eyes friend, I never started this, you did. You just did it again by telling me how you've referred me to this other page, oh my, three times no less.

>I'm sorry we could not have been able to help you better in this case.

I'm pretty sure you're far from sorry and could care less and will simply leave me hanging now but that's fine. I'm glad I learned this now because had we started using your product in production, it would have been a very bad experience when something goes wrong.

I'll do some research and find out who this author/owner really is and send them this thread then we can both find out who has been rude first ok.That is, unless you prefer to help me instead of letting this turn into total crap.

More
12 years 9 months ago #15 by fxstein
@mlewis,

Lets try this again:

Based on the information you shared and the fact that we have not seen the problem before we have no idea what could be causing this.

Somebody of our team will have to look AT YOUR site to determine what could cause this issue. As sozzled pointed out we have purpose build a feature for users like yourself to share that information with our team of helpers in confidence. If you don't feel confident in that, you can always PM that info directly to sozzled - as he has pointed out that he would love to help you.

If your decision remains that you don't want to share this info, I fear there is very little that can be done remotely.

Not looking for another long winded response or arguments. We are here trying to help.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
12 years 9 months ago #16 by fxstein
The only other thing I can think of is that the Kunena system plugin might not be enabled.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

• mlewis
  • Visitor
12 years 9 months ago #17 by mlewis
Long winded, right. Maybe you should read the posts and realize that if you were just an end user, you'd pretty pretty damned insulted too. Don't need that kind of behavior from anyone, especially hiding behind a keyboard.

I'll move on to another product or live without the recent posts function. I've had problems with giving remote access and am not going to do it again.

More
12 years 8 months ago #18 by Chatmaster
I have the exact same problem, with a fresh install with Joomla 1.7. Everywhere I wish to display the kunena modules it gives me the exact same error, although I installed the latest 1.6.4. I now uninstalled Joomla 1.7 and installed 1.5 and now it seems to work fine. Very frustrating indeed.

• mlewis
  • Visitor
12 years 8 months ago #19 by mlewis
Based on the way this thread went, I'm almost sure you're not going to get a reply.
Do you have more information to provide, maybe we can help each other.

More
12 years 8 months ago #20 by Chatmaster
I think what happened here is plain stupidity. When you install Kunena from the back-end, you have to go through a second install. This error occurred with me because I stupidly didn't do the second install after uploading it from the back-end. So when you want to run the Kunena addons it show this errors. This is what happened to me anyway.

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds