Kunena 5.1.18 Released (30 Jun 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.18 [K 5.1.18] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Kunena Latest -> No messages to display

More
9 years 6 months ago #11 by andy bonner
Hi Michael - That was worth trying - Thanks for suggesting but issue remains...

More intriguing info....

The module works here (on a test area!)
www.caymanactive.com/dt2

But the EXACT same module doesn't work here (where I need it!)
www.caymanactive.com/triathlon-committee

Totally bizarre? Any ideas?!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #12 by mibert
Hi Andy,

please post the settings of your module here. Perhaps this would help to figure out some error.

At least the problem looks very much like mine, before I changed the module setting.

Best regards

Michael

More
9 years 6 months ago #13 by andy bonner
Here they are... I just don't get the logic of it working on one page, but then not on another...

I'm trying to think of the differences between the pages - The one it doesn't work on does have the excellent 'Kunena Comment' plugin (sorry I forget it's exact name but the feature allowing comments on articles and connecting them to the forums)

Attachments:

More
9 years 6 months ago #14 by mibert
Hi Andy,

sorry I have no idea. Seems to be set correctly.
Only one thing, which came to my mind is the different templates, which you are using on your site.

I realized, that the Forum and the Latest Post module at www.caymanactive.com/dt2 are using the same template and are working. The other page, which you also use the Latest Post module has another template and is not working.

Perhaps you could try to use the same template allover your website and check if that helps.

Beside this I have no idea.

Best regards

Michael

More
9 years 6 months ago #15 by andy bonner
Making Progress solving this but need help in the final (!?!) solution...

a) I tried the template theory - but changing template back to the default didn't help - Still not showing the posts.

b) On further investigation I've narrowed things down - If the module is on an article view page it doesn't work for me - if it's on any other page eg component view, category blog view, then it works fine!

So why would a standard Joomla article view page stop this from working and how can I fix it?!? (I use RocketTheme Paradox template - which probably has an override for the default article view page - but I'm sure if I asked them they'd say it was a Kunena issue?)

Can anyone else get the Latest Posts to show as a module on an article-view page?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds