Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Help in getting rid of the dots or diamonds?

More
12 years 2 months ago #21 by CheechDogg
danielles I just noticed something I didn't before. Your template is "Music" from www.gavick.com correct? From my understanding and having used templates from gavick.com my self in the past, they use a Option to enable CSS compression on template rendering. What this does is similar to what RocketTheme does to its css files. It creates a compressed and cached file each time the site is loaded.

Now I had to turn this option off on my template which is rokZipper and I noticed the changes in my css files take effect right away. Maybe disabling css compression and caching for this template will fix the issue.

This is just a thought, I don't know what extensions this "Music" template has and how it compresses and caches the css files but you might want to give it a shot.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #22 by danielles
I was just getting ready to call it a night when I got your messages.

No I have not personally done anything to my .htaccess file, but decided it was worth a shot so I took a look and there was nothing there to explain my issues.

Yes my template is from Gavick.
Yes the template I have has GK Cache (which is something I'm not familar with), CSS Cache, CSS Compression, & CSS Override. Now here's the thing all of these css & cache options were turned off.

So after receiving your email I checked and yep they were off, so I turned the CSS cache on, saved, refreshed my site. Nothing happened. So better to be safe than sorry I turned it back off then hit saved. Just to make sure nothing on my site got messed up by doing this I refreshed my site and the dots went away.

Thanks for the suggestion. It seems now the issue is not with my host, but possibly a bug within the css cache thing.

Thanks again for all your help,
Danielle

More
12 years 2 months ago #23 by CheechDogg
HAHA! I had a feeling this was the case danielle, like I said I ran into these problems with css caching, css compression and css overrides with other templates.

So everything is good now?

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 2 months ago #24 by danielles
Yes the dots are gone and even this background that I had tried getting to show up seems to have shown up as well: BONUS! lol

Also the dots are gone on IE too which is makes for better consistency across multiple browsers.

Now I just gotta figure out how to line up the page icons with the title of the forum posts and I'll be all set.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #25 by CheechDogg
Wooooooohooooooo! Good stuff danielles, I am glad it worked out for you!

If you can send me a screen shot of what it is you are trying to fix and the link to it I can take a look.

I work better when I can see exactly what it is you are talking about..sorry I am like my Son calls me a "Goober"! lol....

[img
Find me on Facebook.

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by CheechDogg.

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds