Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Help in getting rid of the dots or diamonds?

More
12 years 2 months ago #11 by sozzled
I have to admit that I only tested the idea with Firefox. I'm not sure about other browsers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #12 by rich

CheechDogg wrote: So again, will this work for IE browswers?

Actually already but test it with IE. You can also try with "list-style:none;"

More
12 years 2 months ago #13 by CheechDogg
Yeah sozzled, with RocketTheme templates this is a very common issue. They always have a regular template.css file or any time of css file and a completely different one just for IE. I guess IE handles javascript and other css rules differently than firefox and chrome.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 2 months ago #14 by CheechDogg

rich wrote:

CheechDogg wrote: So again, will this work for IE browswers?

Actually already but test it with IE. You can also try with "list-style:none;"

Ah ok! I will have to dig up the default template and try out it. I remember when I was trying to get rid of the bullet points that it worked on FF and Chrome but not IE, someone however suggested something like this and I think that is how I actually got rid of them all together.

Although if you visit my website using IE you can see in the KunenaLatest that the bullet points are still just barely visible on the front page. So I will try it here in a bit actually on that template and see what happens.

Thanks rich!

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #15 by rich
Found at:
www.css4you.de/list-style-type.html
This page is old, but still usable. IE should realize "list-style: none, circle, square and disc".
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by rich.

More
12 years 2 months ago #16 by CheechDogg
Thank rich! I looked in all the css files to see where the this could be affecting only IE display and I have not found it. It is probably in the joomla template css but have not found it.

Like you said and this page says, IE should realize the rule, I did change the rule for the kunenalatest mod css which does have the rule but it doesn't work.

This might be one of those cases where it maybe neeeds its own css file for IE exclusively?

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 2 months ago #17 by danielles
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond to everyone's comments.

I truly appreciate everyone's comments & willingness to help me with this issue.

After I made the change nothing happened even after I cleaned my cache & cookies. Turns out that this particular problem is my host's fault so I'm still stuck with the bullets for god only knows how long.

So thank you for all of your help & time,
Danielle

More
12 years 2 months ago #18 by CheechDogg
Your host's fault? What exactly is causing this from your host's side?

The same thing is happening with my site, in firefox and chrome everything is good no bullets. But in IE the bullets do show. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. (sigh).

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 2 months ago #19 by danielles
Not entirely sure to be honest. I've cleaned my computer and done everything that I can think of to push the changes so that I can see them, but unfortunately at least on my end when I do view source I see the original css file that I uploaded to my host.

When I go into my file manager inside of cPanel those changes are there, but according to Chrome, IE, Opera those changes don't exist.

My host has partnered with Cloudflare in order to cache my site, so I think the problem lies there.

As soon as I get something back from my host I'll update you.

More
12 years 2 months ago #20 by CheechDogg
Hmmmm interesting , have you done any changes yourself to your .htaccess file?

Who is your host if you don't mind telling me. I ask this because sometimes I make changes to my css files and I don't see the changes till hours later. I however have manually added ExpiresActive and some other rules to cache my site myself.

It might be that because of the length I have set the expires to my css files don't reflect the changes. I will have to look at that myself.

This is actually very interesting like I said and now I am wondering.....Keep me updated please.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

Time to create page: 1.481 seconds