Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question BUG Report Kunena Latest 1.7.1

More
12 years 3 months ago #11 by 82ab1c0b9105e9e4fd2ae19b
Code:
Thank you for the pictures. I still can't see how to reproduce the problem here at this website, www.kunena.org. So, I will ask you again, where is the "bug"? Can you please give us your configuration report

Ok the bug is more my problem? In the meantime I made the update to 1.7.1 and test it again, with the same result.

My bug is that in the kunena latest modul the email apears as email, and will send a email out if you click it.
greetings

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #12 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Where is the "bug"?
I see, from your two configuration reports posted above, you have old software that is in need of being updated. It's possible that your out-of-date software is responsible for the problems that you are having.
  • AlphaUserPoints
  • Community Builder
  • Kunena Stats 1.7.0
  • Kunena Login
  • Kunena Search
I searched your website. I cannot see the problem on your website that you have reported. Have you deleted the posts that gave you the error? We cannot understand the problem if there is no evidence of a "bug"; that is what we have been trying to do from the beginning.

More
12 years 3 months ago #13 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Where is the "bug"?

litho wrote: My bug is that in the Kunena Latest module the email apears as [a link] and will send a email out if you click it.

That's normal behaviour for any web browser. If a browser sees an email address, it will convert it to a clickable link. See below:

[email protected]

Click the above link. There is no "bug" here, I think.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #14 by 82ab1c0b9105e9e4fd2ae19b
[email protected]

yes I deleted the post after making a screenshot.

main question is why my templates is going wrong if I (or an user) post an emailadress in a thread only on my homepage. If I check your showcase here the kunena latest modul works and (!) only here www.kunena.org/showcase the email adress appears not as clickable email. This I don't understand.
greetings
litho

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by 82ab1c0b9105e9e4fd2ae19b.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #15 by sozzled
Look at every message posted in this topic where there is an email address. Every message posted in this topic shows an email address as a clickable link. What do you mean "only here www.kunena.org/showcase the email adress appears not as clickable email"? :dry: Where, on that page, is there a problem? Maybe a picture would help.

Looks to me that the problem is only at your website and not because of some bug in Kunena Latest.

If we can't see the problem here, at your site (because you've removed the evidence) or anywhere else there is no bug here with Kunena Latest that I can see. The problem looks to be something to do with your site ... perhaps your Joomla template? See My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #16 by 82ab1c0b9105e9e4fd2ae19b
Please look at the picture above Bugreport4.jpg. In the showcase on the right side: Headline "Lastest My Topic" I made a red underline. Here is the test email adress not clickable. And I like to know why??? Why is it on your side not clickable? And on my homepage it shoot the template.

I think that modul is a kunena latest modul, or isn't it?

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #17 by sozzled
The reason that this topic has gone on for so long is because of the subject. We've been trying to understand where is the bug, where does this bug appear and what does this bug do. We have not seen this bug on your website (because you remove all the evidence) and so we do not know how the bug "shoots the template" as you describe things.

If you enter an email address, the email address is clickable in the message (displayed by the Kunena component) but it is not clickable when displayed by the Kunena Latest module. That appears to be normal.

No-one else has reported your particular "bug". Your "bug" does not exist here at www.kunena.org . I have tried to test the same thing at one of my test sites and I cannot reproduce your bug there, either. You are also using Kunena Search 1.7.0 and Kunena Login 1.7.0 and Kunena Stats 1.7.0; have you updated these things to their latest versions (as I suggested that you do 4 days ago)? Does that make a difference? You are using Community Builder 1.3.1. Have you upgraded to CB 1.7.1 and, if not, why not? Maybe your problem has something to do with uddeIM or AlphaUserPoints?

You ask, "Why is it on your site not clickable and on my homepage it shoot the template?" I don't know (a) why or (b) how it "shoots the template". It has something to do with your website and that's all that I know.

litho wrote:

I think that modul is a kunena latest modul, or isn't it?

I don't know what that question means. I think that you're asking if the problem is caused by the Kunena Latest module. I believe that the problem you are having is not caused by the Kunena Latest module but it is caused by something else. I don't know what that "something else" is. I've given you a few things to think about. If you attend to upgrading your website software then, maybe, your problem will go away.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #18 by 82ab1c0b9105e9e4fd2ae19b
OK sorry for the circumstances I have made. In the meantime we found the problem...
The plugin emailcloak was aktivated. As it was deaktivated everthing is ok.
Perhaps this can help you to repeat the error and find a solution.
greetings and a happy new year!

litho

More
12 years 2 months ago #19 by sozzled
The default setting for the Content - Email Cloaking plugin is enabled. That's the setting here at this website. That's the setting at all my test sites, too. In your case enabling the plugin caused a problem. Perhaps that's something you can follow up on the Joomla forum.

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds