Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question SEF URLs in Kunena Latest Module not working properly

More
12 years 3 months ago #21 by Linuus

GoremanX wrote: ah, now you're on a completely different subject. And you're right, the wrong menu item is selected when viewing a topic that was reached by clicking in the Latest module. However, this has nothing to do with the form of the url. It has to do with Kunena's menu-detecting, which has limitations because of the way it was meant to work. This has been a frustrating issue for years. Unfortunately, it won't be fixed until Kunena 2.0 final is released.

On a happy note, Kunena 2.0 is almost up to beta status.

Well, of course it has something to do with the form of the URL. Or rather, the form of the URL is like this BECAUSE it can't find the correct Itemid => It is wrong.

I mean, if I hard-code the correct Itemid (hacking files = not good) it works and the correct URL's are created.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #22 by GoremanX
Yes, but Kunena Latest depends on a specific menu arrangement to know how to create its urls properly. It all goes back to Kunena's method for detecting its own active menu item. If the menu item Kunena Menu -> forum (with alias "forum") is not a Kunena Entry Page item, then things tend to not work as intended for Kunena Latest. But if there's more than one Kunena Entry Page menu item, then other things tend to break down even worse. My method works because I don't display any modules specifically on topic pages, and the submenu that gets displayed isn't terribly relevant.

Again, this is fixed in Kunena 2.0, and hopefully we'll have that out within the next couple months. But we're still preparing a beta release first.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds