Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Idea Modules and Plugins to be upgraded to 1.6.2

More
13 years 5 months ago #11 by fxstein
Checking right now

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #12 by fxstein
Got the image. Installing on a test server...

More
13 years 5 months ago #13 by mijalis
I have done some testing, and I would like to report some bugs:
1. when user is not logged in and article does not have any comments and the latest module is enabled I get mysql error 1054 (500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'na' in 'where clause) and the query that causes it is:
Code:
Select COUNT(DISTINCT t.thread) FROM jos_kunena_messages AS t INNER JOIN jos_kunena_messages AS m ON m.id=t.thread WHERE m.moved='0' AND m.hold IN (0) AND m.catid IN (na) AND t.hold IN (0) AND t.moved=0 AND t.catid IN (na) AND t.time>'1286582195'
Obviously the problem is the "na" which is not valid.

2. discussbot plugin installs languages in the administrator folder instead of the language folder.

3. when topic deleted, its jos_kunenadiscuss entry is not deleted.

More
13 years 5 months ago #14 by mijalis
I am including some more information for the bug #1
JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'na' in 'where clause' SQL=Select COUNT(DISTINCT t.thread) FROM jos_kunena_messages AS t INNER JOIN jos_kunena_messages AS m ON m.id=t.thread WHERE m.moved='0' AND m.hold IN (0,1,2,3) AND m.catid IN (na) AND t.hold IN (0,1,2,3) AND t.moved=0 AND t.catid IN (na) AND t.time>'1286585596'

Call stack
# Function Location
1 JSite->render() C:\wamp\www\ispania_kunena\index.php:79
2 JDocumentHTML->render() C:\wamp\www\ispania_kunena\includes\application.php:168
3 JDocumentHTML->_parseTemplate() C:\wamp\www\ispania_kunena\libraries\joomla\document\html\html.php:249
4 JDocumentHTML->getBuffer() C:\wamp\www\ispania_kunena\libraries\joomla\document\html\html.php:386
5 JDocumentRendererModules->render() C:\wamp\www\ispania_kunena\libraries\joomla\document\html\html.php:190
6 JDocumentRendererModule->render() C:\wamp\www\ispania_kunena\libraries\joomla\document\html\renderer\modules.php:41
7 JModuleHelper->renderModule() C:\wamp\www\ispania_kunena\libraries\joomla\document\html\renderer\module.php:84
8 require() C:\wamp\www\ispania_kunena\libraries\joomla\application\module\helper.php:173
9 modKunenaLatest->__construct() C:\wamp\www\ispania_kunena\modules\mod_kunenalatest\mod_kunenalatest.php:31
10 modKunenaLatestHelper->getKunenaLatestList() C:\wamp\www\ispania_kunena\modules\mod_kunenalatest\class.php:42
11 CKunenaLatestX->getLatest() C:\wamp\www\ispania_kunena\modules\mod_kunenalatest\class.php:100
12 JDatabaseMySQL->loadResult() C:\wamp\www\ispania_kunena\components\com_kunena\funcs\latestx.php:480
13 JDatabaseMySQL->query() C:\wamp\www\ispania_kunena\libraries\joomla\database\database\mysql.php:355
14 JError->raiseError() C:\wamp\www\ispania_kunena\libraries\joomla\database\database\mysql.php:231
15 JError->raise() C:\wamp\www\ispania_kunena\libraries\joomla\error\error.php:171
16 JException->__construct() C:\wamp\www\ispania_kunena\libraries\joomla\error\error.php:136

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #15 by fxstein

vatoloco wrote: fxstein I have sent you a PM with my backup!

This was a nasty one to find.

Just got done with the root cause analysis. Have been on this on and off for the past 3 weeks. It turns out to be a plugin event recursion that hits in certain configurations.

In your case the combination of Kunena + JomFish + JomSocial leads to a 'deadly' event recursion where the plugin creates a new thread on the first reply, which triggers an add to the JomSocial activity stream, which renders the topics, which contains an article, which fires a content event on rendering and back to the beginning.
It will circle in that recursion until php crashes. On a decent server that is a couple hundred posts. My MacBook does about 1000 new threads in that bug.

FYI found the best way to delete them is to temporarily increase the numbers of topics per page to 1000, click the select all marker about the first line, unselect the few that don't belong there, and then delete them all at once. Do the same a second time for permanent deletion and they are gone for good.

There is a simple workaround with the lastest discuss plugin builds: change the format of the initial topic to 'link' - it will embed just a link and not the fully rendered article - therefore no recursion. You can change the topic starter after that manually to include the article bbcode - no issue.

The fix requires a fix in Kunena 1.6 itself - we might accelerate Kunena 1.6.2 for that and a check inside the discuss plugin.

Writing the fixes now. Use the workaround until we have the fixes out. Hope to have test builds within a day or two.

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by fxstein.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vatoloco

More
13 years 4 months ago #16 by vatoloco
Wow great news! I will simply wait for the test builds and then recheck it on my site cause the workaround has too much manual steps involved. Please inform me once the test-builds are out! I really am happy now that you could confirm the bug and had the time to look over it!

Thanx in advance for all the work you are doing on Kunena. B)

More
13 years 4 months ago #17 by vatoloco
Any ETA for updates?

Writing the fixes now. Use the workaround until we have the fixes out. Hope to have test builds within a day or two.

Looks like it's delayed again...

More
13 years 4 months ago #18 by sozzled
vatoloco: You're a member of the testers group. Have you tested the newer version(s) of these plugins and provided feedback to the rest of the team?

More
13 years 4 months ago #19 by vatoloco
Naaah I didn't use 1.6.2 til now cause I can't seem to find joomfish-related fix in changelogs. So I assume this hasn't been implemented! Correct me if I am wrong but I am just awaiting this before starting to report my experiences. All I did for now was sending over my site backup to fxstein as you might have read somewhere...

More
13 years 4 months ago #20 by sozzled
You are a currently a member of the testers team. Are you saying that you do not wish to be a part of the testers team and therefore you do not want to test the newer versions of these modules while they are in development?

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds