Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Topic Creation Behavior and Date of Posts

More
13 years 5 months ago #51 by vatoloco
I think he is speaking of handling it. I didn't get him, too...
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #52 by severdia
Even if you're not a PHP developer, there are still plenty of ways to help out the Kunena Project. Reporting bugs is one of the easier things, but certainly not the only thing. Here are a number of ways you can help out

1. Answer questions on the forum

2. Write a tutorial or document a feature for on the Kunena Documentation Wiki: docs.kunena.com

3. Translate Kunena into another language or proofread an existing language

4. Develop a cool Kunena template

5. Develop a simple Kunena module

6. Participate in the Kunena People site and help user create groups, etc.

7. Make a cool Kunena video like this one....

The list is really endless and equation is simple—the more developer time spent on those things, the less developer time can be spent on the more difficult coding tasks. So doing things like these frees up a little bit of developer time.

Are you familiar with the bug tracker on JoomlaCode for tracking bugs and features?

joomlacode.org/gf/project/kunena/

Here's the tracker for 1.6:

joomlacode.org/gf/project/kunena/tracker...owse&tracker_id=9468

Here's a tracker for the Kunena Discuss plug-in:

joomlacode.org/gf/project/kunena/tracker...owse&tracker_id=9707

You'll see the issues are logged there. Here's also a tracker for 1.6.1:

joomlacode.org/gf/project/kunena/tracker...wse&tracker_id=10186

Those are great places to add requests and report bugs.

Keep in mind that people on the Kunena team also have sites using Kunena and the various plug-ins/modules. That means we have the same problems you do. So don't think we're not deeply entrenched in using Kunena. It's just that we all have days jobs and there are only 24 hours in a day.

:)

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by severdia.
More
13 years 5 months ago #53 by postkat

severdia wrote: It's just that we all have days jobs and there are only 24 hours in a
day. :)

So do I ;)
More
13 years 5 months ago #54 by severdia

postkat wrote: So do I ;)

So you know exactly what I mean. :)

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com
More
13 years 5 months ago #55 by nimda79

severdia wrote: Keep in mind that people on the Kunena team also have sites using Kunena and the various plug-ins/modules. That means we have the same problems you do. So don't think we're not deeply entrenched in using Kunena. It's just that we all have days jobs and there are only 24 hours in a day.

:)

Is this your way of saying you aren't going to fix this and we are all just screwed? Or a fix is coming..."When it done" Duke Nukem Forever style?
More
13 years 5 months ago #56 by vatoloco
Duke Nukem :P :woohoo:

Damn! I could profit soo much of a working plugin. I even will donate if you hurry up (see some posts above). I am writing news articles on my site and if it would be working it could push up my site and hold the users even longer in my site by discussing the articles in forum....
More
13 years 5 months ago #57 by Griz44
Okay, at the risk of being flamed, :woohoo: is there a way to donate to a speoific cause? In other words, I'd be glad to donate a few bucks to an effort to step up the Only-Create-a-Post-When-a-Comment-is-Made effort. Anybody else? Maybe this could be done on something like a paid consultant service basis?!?

Discuss. :whistle:
More
13 years 5 months ago #58 by postkat

Okay, at the risk of being flamed, is there a way to donate to a speoific cause? In other words, I'd be glad to donate a few bucks to an effort to step up the Only-Create-a-Post-When-a-Comment-is-Made effort. Anybody else? Maybe this could be done on something like a paid consultant service basis?!?

I have already contacted the team about this. Hope to get an answer soon.
More
13 years 5 months ago #59 by vatoloco
+1 I am in! As stated earlier I thought about hiring freelancer. But that's no-go due to future updates. So I am in for that but please please please also include JOOMFISH-Support (my site is bi-lingual)
More
13 years 5 months ago #60 by xillibit
I have made changes quickly for implement the feature that you want, so this could contains issues :

1. The topic dicussion created into Kunena has the same date that the joomla article
  2. You can choose if you want display, the article like before or just the link of article or the link and the article
  3. You can choose if you want that the topic in kunena should be created when there is the first reply or not

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_kunena...0-26.zip
File Size:25 KB

Kunena files needed, replace them into components/com_kunena/lib :

File Attachment:

File Name: lib.zip
File Size:20 KB

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: luisvegeta
Time to create page: 0.630 seconds