Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Topic Creation Behavior and Date of Posts

More
13 years 5 months ago #41 by vatoloco
Of course we understand what priorities mean! Nevertheless the Kunena Discuss Plugin is an awesome thing which in my case would help me out more in my situation compared to an update from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1 as 1.6.0 is working really good for me. That's my case and I assume of course the case from the other guys bringing up this thread to almost 2.000 views. As nimda79 said I would also change the pluging on my own. But I can't! I am no dev in php-programming. I also thought of hiring someone to do it for me. But that's also a "no go" cause once you update the plugin it would revert it. Maybe some guys here including me should consider a donation or something else to hire someone of the dev-team for implementing the changes we want. Maybe this could fasten up things?
The following user(s) said Thank You: fmzone
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 5 months ago #42 by mijalis
OK, I realize that is not your top priority.
But because this plugin is already available, I think that there should be - somewhere - a warning for its behavior.
Imagine enabling this plugin on sites with 1000s of articles (eg. news portals). Suddenly they will be having 1000s of useless empty posts, which apart from the performance issues, it will also bring a mess in their forums.
More
13 years 5 months ago #43 by sebkun
May I add that I might look into it but I asked about some orientation cause I don't know the Kunena architecture and did not received any answer (not even "hey pal, if you don't know, don't ask... you're too much pain in the ass").
More
13 years 5 months ago #44 by mijalis

sebkun wrote: May I add that I might look into it but I asked about some orientation cause I don't know the Kunena architecture and did not received any answer (not even "hey pal, if you don't know, don't ask... you're too much pain in the ass").

Same here...I volunteered twice...
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #45 by mijalis
double post, please delete...sorry...
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by mijalis.
More
13 years 5 months ago #46 by griz
Yeah...I was very disappointed to see this behaviour. I'm afraid the plugin is going to stay "disabled" for me until this feature is added. (That is...I also want the article to appear in the forums ONLY AFTER the first comment is made.)

andy bonner wrote: Agreed - I couldn't understand what was happening when all my articles started appearing!!! - Please can default behaviour be only to include an article when it has a comment made...

More
13 years 5 months ago #47 by postkat
This behavior issue cost me a Google penalty for my website because the discuss plugin included complete articles with tabs. Result: 155 pages not found and a visitor drop from 800 to 100 a day.
I disabled the plugin and deleted all (177) topics created. More pages google won't find

I am not happy. :angry: :(
Some warning would have been nice. (mildly stated)

Hope someone will find the time to fix this problem.
Also don't like that this version doesn't give you the option to include only a link to the article instead of text.
More
13 years 5 months ago #48 by Griz44
Yeah...when I read about this extension, I thought "just what the doctor ordered". But this issue is a real show-stopper. I just can't imagine anybody being able to use it the way it is.

Developers...I promise I won't be over-posting about this issue, but I feel it deserved repeating at least once. When I saw how comments were handled and how the page looked when I first installed, I was thrilled. It looked like it was just what I was looking for. But when I saw all the threads in my forums... :ohmy: :sick: :(

I didn't uninstall, I just disabled. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the only-create-a-post-when-a-comment-is-made fix. I'll enable it in a heartbeat then! B)

Griz
More
13 years 5 months ago #49 by Bob Britt
This issue has settled down for us and we even came across some articles that were lost in the shuffle. Simply merge the new forum topic in with the existing one. Took a while initially but we're calling it done and moving forward.

I like this discuss plugin much better.
More
13 years 5 months ago #50 by Griz44
Pardon me, but I'm not sure I understand this post. Did you come up with some sort of general fix? Or are you speaking of some way you handled the issue on your own web site? I just want to be clear in case you've done something that might help me with my site. :)

Bob Britt wrote: This issue has settled down for us and we even came across some articles that were lost in the shuffle. Simply merge the new forum topic in with the existing one. Took a while initially but we're calling it done and moving forward.

I like this discuss plugin much better.

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds