Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Topic Creation Behavior and Date of Posts

More
13 years 6 months ago #11 by andy bonner
Great to see we've moved into RC3 - but with this being the 'final' RC, I'm getting nervous about no change to the Discussbot plugin....

Anyone heard that the changes we need to make this useable are being worked on?

I don't think we're pushing 'new features' here - more a case of ensuring there's no 'show stoppers' in the base plugin... so I hope someone who can develop the discussbot is listening to this topic and has the time to deal prior to the final 1.6 version going out?!?!
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 6 months ago #12 by fxstein
Andy,

Our plugins, modules and extensions, do not necessarily follow the overal release schedule. Our priority is clearly to get the core stable. We are committed to fixing these issues, but they come AFTER Kunena 1.6 issues have been solved.

We will release updated plugins, just not the same day as the RC3.

FYI anybody is welcome to help here. It's not rocket science, the basics are done, it just takes time and effort.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: andy bonner
  • pedrohsi
  • pedrohsi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #13 by pedrohsi
Replied by pedrohsi on topic Topic Creation Behavior and Date of Posts
sadly, i can't code at all :)

in the meantime, i've clicked on every single article on my site and put those topics in a locked Archive category, as a temporary solution
More
13 years 6 months ago #14 by mijalis

fxstein wrote: FYI anybody is welcome to help here. It's not rocket science, the basics are done, it just takes time and effort.

I could give it a try...but I am far from being a PHP expert...could you give me details?
More
13 years 6 months ago #15 by foesl
In my opinion the option to create threads only when the first comment gets in is a must have. Because otherwise (specially if you have a large sites with many articles) the forum gets spammed by threads with no discussion at all...
More
13 years 6 months ago #16 by mijalis

foesl wrote: In my opinion the option to create threads only when the first comment gets in is a must have. Because otherwise (specially if you have a large sites with many articles) the forum gets spammed by threads with no discussion at all...

Yes you are right, I never understood this decision from the developers...
More
13 years 6 months ago #17 by sebkun
Hi,

I need an answer from the dev for this question. I'm willing to make the change myself for the creation of the topic on first post rather than on first display of the article.

Here what I wanna do in kunenadiscuss.php

1/ disable topic creation on display (that I know it works) like this :
Code:
} else if (! $result) { //$thread = $this->createTopic ( $row, $catid, $subject ); $this->debug ( "showPlugin: First hit, created new topic {$thread} into forum" );

2/ create the topic on the quickform processing. And it is here I need advice :
Code:
if ($botShowForm) { if (! $canPost && ! $this->_my->id) { $this->debug ( "showPlugin: Public posting is not permitted, show login instead" ); $login = KunenaFactory::getLogin (); $loginlink = $login->getLoginURL (); $registerlink = $login->getRegistrationURL (); $quickPost = JText::sprintf ( 'PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_LOGIN_OR_REGISTER', '"' . $loginlink . '"', '"' . $registerlink . '"' ); } else if ($canPost) { $this->debug ( "showPlugin: You can discuss this item" ); if (JRequest::getInt ( 'kdiscussContentId', 0, 'POST' ) == $row->id) { $this->debug ( "showPlugin: Reply topic!" ); $quickPost .= $this->replyTopic ( $row, $catid, $thread, $subject ); } else { $this->debug ( "showPlugin: Rendering form" ); $quickPost .= $this->showForm ( $row ); } } else { $this->debug ( "showPlugin: Unfortunately you cannot discuss this item" ); $quickPost .= JText::_ ( 'PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_NO_PERMISSION_TO_POST' ); } }

I have the feeling I must use "$thread = $this->createTopic ( $row, $catid, $subject ); in the last else statement or something like that. But I'm not sure, I have no test server for now so I won't try and break my site ! :-)

what do you think ?
More
13 years 6 months ago #18 by sebkun
perhaps I could do like this :
Code:
elseif (! $thread){ $thread = $this->createTopic ( $row, $catid, $subject ); } elseif ($canPost){ ...
More
13 years 6 months ago #19 by miamiman
My two cents re: setting date for activation of discuss plug in.

It should be a calculation of n days following initial publication of the article. NOT a set moment in time.

You can set it for n days after publication to allow for commenting, or blank for ALL.

A whole lot easier I think.
More
13 years 5 months ago #20 by mijalis

fxstein wrote: Andy,

Our plugins, modules and extensions, do not necessarily follow the overal release schedule. Our priority is clearly to get the core stable. We are committed to fixing these issues, but they come AFTER Kunena 1.6 issues have been solved.

We will release updated plugins, just not the same day as the RC3.

FYI anybody is welcome to help here. It's not rocket science, the basics are done, it just takes time and effort.

Any news on this?
Time to create page: 0.419 seconds