Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the module developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Solved [Merged topic] Kunena Latest doesn't display posts to visitors

More
12 years 2 months ago #21 by Jiminimonka

sozzled wrote: .....

It would help if I did not have to guess the other information that might help us, if you posted your configuration report. See the FAQs menu item above the forum page and read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

Thanks.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #22 by cowcowcow
Hi,

The mod Kunena Latest works perfectly for registered users and above. However, for some reason it does not display the latest posts for guests.

My site is using Kunena Latest 1.7.2 and Kunena 1.7.2. I have set the access level for the module to public and users can see the module heading and block, they just don't see the latest post content like the registered users do.

Please help thanks.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #23 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, cow3 and welcome to Kunena. I think you will find the answer you are looking for in this topic. ;)
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago #24 by cowcowcow

Josh wrote: For some reason I was having the same exact problem. I stayed logged in this whole time not knowing that non logged in users could not see my forum. :whistle: For some reason even when going through all the permissions and such it still does not display to the public.

But after experimenting with the category permissions when I change it from "User Groups" to "Access Level" it suddenly works! :cheer: (with setting it to public of course) But I don't understand why using "User Groups" does not work for non logged in users. :huh:

TY!

Just logged in to say this fix worked for me too. The community @ kuenena seems awesome such a friendly reply :)

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #25 by mujo
I have exactly the same issue. My visitors cant see the topics on the module. My forum's source of error in accessivity levels. Because,last, I copied a new usergroup from 'unregistered(visitors)', ID of it=14 and now I have 2 usergroups for unregistered users. It was because I needed to place a top menu shown only visitors. And Ive changed the permission of Forum categories into 'Public Access Level'. Still the posts arent seen by visitors. Could any of you kindly help me about how to solve it? Thanks..
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by mujo.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #26 by hamselvdk
How can I make the kuena_latest module show all posts in the forum, even for unregistered users? So that when they click it, they get a message "you need to be registered to see this post" (or something like that). I could do that with 1.5 but not 1.7.2 as I have installed now.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #27 by sozzled
G'day, hamselvdk, and welcome to Kunena.

hamselvdk wrote: How can I make the kuena_latest module show all posts in the forum, even for unregistered users?

The only way you can do that is to make all your categories "open" so that unregistered users can view the topics posted in those categories.

hamselvdk wrote: So that when they click it, they get a message "you need to be registered to see this post" (or something like that).

Yes, that's a very nice idea. It's called a "teaser" (see the discussion about "teasers" here: Teasers - Read post titles without being able to read posts )

hamselvdk wrote: I could do that with 1.5 but not 1.7.2 as I have installed now.

Whether you could have done this in K 1.5 is not really the point. There was no official release of a "latest posts" module for K 1.5; the module that some people may have used was not developed by the Kunena project team, it was not properly maintained by anyone and it was never endorsed for use by the Kunena project team. The module that you may have used with K 1.5 was unworkable on so many different levels. Perhaps you would like to read some of the 470 comments posted about that product? Therefore, I think that it's unfair to make comparisons between a product that was unworkably bad, in so many ways, that was not designed, developed, supported, maintained or endorsed by the Kunena project team and a product that was developed, supported, maintained and endorsed by the Kunena project team, wouldn't you agree?
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #28 by hamselvdk

sozzled wrote: Yes, that's a very nice idea. It's called a "teaser" (see the discussion about "teasers" here: Teasers - Read post titles without being able to read posts )

I sure will

sozzled wrote: Therefore, I think that it's unfair to make comparisons between a product that was unworkably bad, in so many ways, that was not designed, developed, supported, maintained or endorsed by the Kunena project team and a product that was developed, supported, maintained and endorsed by the Kunena project team, wouldn't you agree?

Yes you're right - I will look further into the module it self and send in my feature requests.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #29 by camsarim
Okay, here is my question :

Part of kunena forum is restircted and requires privileged membership. So only the "author" level can see the restricted part. So far no problem.

What I would like to do is, I would like create a kunena latest module, which can show all the restricted headings just to display what is in there, without having access to the content.

I was using JUGA to accomplish this but it was causing significant delays so I switched to kunena internal restriction but now people cannot see what is in there.

Can you help me? At least can you tell me which lines I have to take out in the latestx.php?

Thank you

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #30 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

camsarim: see reference above to "teasers" (which is what you want to make the Kunena Latest module do).

latestx.php is not involved in any way with the Kunena Latest module.
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: camsarim

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds