Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the module developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Solved [Merged topic] Kunena Latest doesn't display posts to visitors

More
12 years 6 months ago #11 by Matias
I think I know why...

There are 4 fields for user groups; primary & secondary group/children. Both are effective, so if you have wrong group in secondary field, all users can see the topics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #12 by claudiodestasio
Hi! Sorry for my bad english!
I have a similar issue. With cache activated the module kunena latest don't show latest post to visitors but only to registered members. Visitors see an old cached version never refreshed. I have to manually clear the cache!

I don't know PHP programming but i have solved the issue modyfing mod_kunenalatest.php removing the "basic caching" fo visitors in this way:

// Add basic caching for visitors (3 minutes)

$klatest = new modKunenaLatest ( $params );

// $user = JFactory::getUser();
// if (!$user->id) {
// $cache = JFactory::getCache('mod_kunenalatest', 'output');
// $cache->setLifeTime(180);
// if ($cache->start(md5(serialize($params)), 'mod_kunenalatest')) return;
// }

$klatest->display();

// if (!$user->id) {
// $cache->end();
// }

The forum is:

www.studiodestasio.it/forum

Ideas?

More
12 years 2 months ago #13 by ccvortex
Greetings, thanks for a great free product.

My Latest Posts module will only show the latest posts if the user logs in even though I have guest post access enabled. How can I get the mod to show the latest posts to everyone whether they log in or not?

More
12 years 2 months ago #14 by Jiminimonka
www.kunena.org/forum/179-Kunena-Latest-M...-is-logged-in#117223

Using the search feature will help, also posting in the right place.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 2 months ago #15 by ccvortex
This forum is titled "K 1.6 and K 1.7 Support" how is this not the right place?

More
12 years 2 months ago #16 by sozzled
*** Topic moved by moderator ***

G'day, ccvortex, and welcome to Kunena.

Thank you for your question (although I'm fairly sure that we've been asked about these things before). As Jiminimonka has written, sometimes it's easier to spend a few moments searching the forum for the answer.

I'm guessing that you are using K 1.7.2 with Kunena Latest 1.7.1. Is that right? It would help if I did not have to guess the other information that might help us, if you posted your configuration report. See the FAQs menu item above the forum page and read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

Thanks.

More
12 years 2 months ago #17 by ccvortex
Hey sozzled, thanks for the reply.

Correct, I am using forum version 1.7.2 and module version 1.7.1. This is on Joomla 1.5.23 using the standard Joomla rhuk_milkyway template. Both the PHP and MySQL versions are the latest.

Is there any way to get the module to show the posts to everyone regardless of login status?

Thx again

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #18 by rich
This is a cache problem. You can to disable as workaround the cache for Kunena_Latest. Navigate into the folder "cache" and set the folder "mod_kunenalatest" on chmod 444. Then nothing can be written in, and also guest see the news promptly.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by rich.

More
12 years 2 months ago #19 by ccvortex
Hi Rich, thanks for the post, but I have no mod_kunenalatest directory in the /site_root/cache folder. Could it be somewhere else?

More
12 years 2 months ago #20 by rich
Write a message and the folder is back.

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds