Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Question Instructions for Kunena Discuss plugin

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #11 by NicholasJohn16
Upgraded to RC2 and works now.

Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by NicholasJohn16.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 7 months ago #12 by Ratman
Replied by Ratman on topic Re: Discussbot Instructions

Matias wrote: Allow Custom Topics (Yes): Put this into your article: {kunena_discuss:3643}, where 3643 is existing topic ID. 0 = no discussion.

I think you should insert this into the plugin description.
More
13 years 7 months ago #13 by NicholasJohn16
Its on the tool tip for 'Allow Custom Topics.'
  • pedrohsi
  • Visitor
13 years 7 months ago #14 by pedrohsi
Replied by pedrohsi on topic Re: Discussbot Instructions
it's not really a bug, but would it be possible to alter the default plugin css file, by using a bit darker background for the title?

the discussbot looks really stupid on dark templates and it's a pain to keep updating the plugin css file along with the forum template files
More
13 years 7 months ago #15 by Notfoolen
Hi everybody.
Firstly, I want to apologize for my broken english :)
And now my problem: I installed discussbot (for RC2),
my settings:
PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_TOPIC_OWNER:3
PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_CATEGORY_MAPPING:2
PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_DEFAULT_CATEGORY:7,4;5,2;
PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_ALLOW_CATEGORIES:0
PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_DENY_CATEGORIES:0

but discussbot don't work, and in the bottom of article debugger said:

Attachments:
More
13 years 7 months ago #16 by NicholasJohn16
I think your configuration here is a little off.

First, your topic owner is a bit low. I've never seen a Joomla User ID of 3. I thought the lowest was 62, but I may be wrong. You should double check that.

It looks like you've switched around the Category Mapping and Default Category Fields. The 7,4;5,2; should be in the Mapping Field. Then place the 2 in the Default Category field.

While setting Allow Categories to 0 has the effect of 'Allow All' setting Deny Categories to 0 has the effect of 'Denying All.' With both at 0, you're at the same time denying and allowing all your content categories from using the discuss bot, which I think the deny takes precedent. If you remove the 0 from Deny Categories, you should be good.

Hope that answers your questions.
More
13 years 7 months ago #17 by Notfoolen
thank you very much. The problem has solved. )
More
13 years 7 months ago #18 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Discussbot Instructions
To summarise this discussion:

Matias wrote:

There are some brief instructions in every parameter -- just hover over them and you should see those. If you're not using English, logout and change language before trying.

Here are the options in order of execution (first matching rule wins):

Allow Custom Topics (Yes): Put this into your article: {kunena_discuss:3643}, where 3643 is existing topic ID. 0 = no discussion.

Category Mapping: list of category pairs (Joomla, Kunena), like this: 1,20;2,21;3,22

Default Forum Category: Kunena category, where all the other articles (=not in category mapping) are located

Allow Content Categories: list of Joomla categories which use default forum category: 1,2,3 (0 = all)

Deny Content Categories: list of Joomla categories which do not use default forum category: 4,5,6 (0 = all)

Example:
Category Mapping: 5,10;6,11
Default Forum Category: 8
Allow Content Categories: 3,4
Deny Content Categories: 0

Mapping would be: 5 -> 10, 6 -> 11, 3 -> 8, 4 -> 8
All other Joomla categories are ignored

Matias wrote:

New Discussbot needs RC2 in order to work. With older versions it gets automatically deactivated.

Someone will need to write more detailed instructions for the Wiki .
More
13 years 5 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #19 by sozzled
If you want to exclude articles from using the "comment" feature, add the following line to your Joomla article text:
Code:
{kunena_discuss:0}
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 4 months ago #20 by animator3000
Replied by animator3000 on topic Tutorial for discuss ?
I tried to setup kunena discuss but I didn't know how it's works. Does somebody can tell me how to configure kunena discuss ?
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds