Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Question Kunena Discuss create hundreds of posts on my forum :/

More
12 years 7 months ago #11 by Matias
That can be true. So the issue started after..? What did you do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #12 by badabugs
I don't remember if KD was installed when i had 1.6.5 on my website... :( (i used another component for comments)

This issue is always here with kunena 1.7 :S

IF you want an account on my website to check this issue, you're welcome ...

More
12 years 7 months ago #13 by polki

More
12 years 7 months ago #14 by Matias
At this point I'd rather have the error message if there's one and as much of information how/when to reproduce it.

More
12 years 6 months ago #15 by pappabear
I'm now having this issue all of a sudden. I do not know the cause.
I have over 20,000 topics being created whenever I enable kunena discuss, then my server crashes.

I tried installing Kunena 1.7 along with KD 1.7, (I was using a hacked version of 1.6.4 kd before) and it has not fixed the problem.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #16 by martijn189
i also have this issue, i do have jomsocial installed. Is there a workaround for this? i rether have jomsocial activity stream enabled.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by martijn189.

More
12 years 6 months ago #17 by yuzef
Is there any solution for this issue ?

i still got that problem..
On Joomla 1.7.1 - Kunena 1.7 anda Jomsocial 2.2.4 : All of this is with default configuration and fresh Installation.

When i enable the discuss plugin its will create thousand of new topic. the server crashed
- --

Love Simplicty
read...... and learn........

My Joomla Test Site

More
12 years 6 months ago #18 by Matias
There's not much that I can do as I have no idea what is happening and where / when it happens. I cannot reproduce the issue with or without JomSocial.

It does look like that this issue only happens if JomSocial is installed, but what triggers this -- I have no glue. I also don't know if it can happen in frontend or if it happens only if you add article in Joomla backend.

The issue looks like the server is redirecting back to the same page, again and again, but for some reason discuss plugin fails to detect the existing topic (it's perhaps missing from the table).

Information what I'm missing is:
1) In which page does this happen (where did you go)?
2) Does it happen in frontend or backend?
3) Do you have JomSocial installed or not?
4) Are you in J1.7 or J1.5?

The same data from everyone should at least point me into the right direction.

More
12 years 6 months ago #19 by Acapulco Kevin
It happened to me too.

I have VPS and compiled Apache and PHP 5.2.17

The first time I used the comment box for kdiscuss it created over 300 messages in under a second.
I simply deleted the category from the back end and created a new one, changed the number in kdiscuss and it stopped happening.

Now when I post the first comment on a new article I get this:

* -post-: Duplicate. Identical message has been ignored.
* -load-: An invalid post ID was requested.

* Your message has been posted.

I have thus changed the following:

SEO Settings
Search Engine Friendly URLs : NO
Do Not Use Category IDs: YES
Enable UTF-8 Support: YES

Does not make a difference either way, I get the same message. I have had a horrible time trying to get the latest plugins to work correctly with the latest joomla and latest kunena forum package.

In the past Kunena has been wonderful, works great.. Now it just seems very buggy and incompatible with Joomla 1.7

More
12 years 5 months ago #20 by audioindo
Hi all,
I have same problems here, is there any solution yet?
And how to delete this thousands post in once? What database table should I go, and what the syntax?
Thank you

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds