Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Upgrading to Kunena 1.6

More
12 years 9 months ago #1 by kenyonjohnston
I attempted to upgrade to Kunena 1.6x and during the system check I received a PHP memory error (currently cannot recreate the error). Apparently I needed to increase the allowed memory for PHP on my server which is 5.1.6. Since I didn't have the correct PHP setting, I decided to revert back to the previous version of 1.5 but I couldn't. I then decided to just re-install 1.5 but it is no longer available.

Any suggestions? I just need to restore my message boards

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Upgrading to Kunena 1.6

kenyonjohnston wrote: I then decided to just re-install 1.5 but it is no longer available.

Do you mean that you can't find an installation kit for K 1.5.x? All the installation kits for all versions of Kunena are available on the download page.

There are a few ways that you can revert to K 1.5.x. Your message boards are still there; they are still intact.

If you made a backup of your site - this point was strongly made in K 1.6 Upgrade Guide - then you could simply use the backup taken before you made the abortive attempt to upgrade Kunena. You could try installing K 1.5.14 again; that will probably work, too.

... or you could fix up your PHP issues and bring your server up-to-date. That, in my opinion, would be a better long-term strategic direction.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.550 seconds