Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class smile in C:\xampp\htdocs\acupj\components\com_kunena\template\de

More
13 years 2 months ago #11 by Matias
The issue is naming conflict between JoomlaXTC template "Espresso" and Kunena, so changing or fixing either one will fix the problem.

It's a bad idea to use general class names, which can easily be used by other extensions. We have smile class because of backwards compatibility, so we cannot change that without breaking all external software integrating into Kunena (until 2.0 goes out, that is)..

You can contact the author of the template and ask him to rename class into XTCSmile or something..
The following user(s) said Thank You: capdiy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #12 by haitao
Hi!

Just upgraded to Kunena 1.7 and getting bitten by this issue. The only other component installed is Joomfish and removing doesn't remove the issue. I also try all the J! 1.5.23 templates + JA_Purity which I'm using and problem is still here (I also tried to remove mod_latest). What should I try next?

Thanks.
Fred

More
12 years 7 months ago #13 by Matias
Please create new topic next time.

What is your error message?

More
12 years 7 months ago #14 by haitao
The same error as the title of this thread (which is why I added it together):
Code:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class smile in /components/com_kunena/template/default/smile.class.php on line 31

Fred

More
12 years 7 months ago #15 by Matias
There are 3 options: Joomla template, module or plugin has the same class. So you should be able to figure out what is causing this by disabling them one by one.

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds