Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Important Upgrade to 1.6.1/ Images and Files, Some worked some did not

More
13 years 1 month ago #11 by hayden
Here is something i did to fix a few of mine....
1. Create a new post and add a picture
2. Once added, then look at the url for that image
3. Now compare that url to the url of a broken image
4. You will find, extra and old temp url added to these broken images
5. Remove this, and add the proper url and tge broken image will fix

I will try to get screen captures to explain more.

Hayden
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 1 month ago #12 by mwmills
This is what worked for me:

1. copied files from images/fbfiles/xxxx/ to media/kunena/attachments/legacy/xxxx/
2. updated xxx_kunena_attachments table, folder column to new file locations
3. updated xxx_kunena_attachments table, type column to image/xxx (where xxx is the image type jpg,gif,png) for images and blank for files
More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #13 by audisport
Hi mwmills,

Thanks for your help!

Little question as I'm not so good with mysql...could you please describe a little bit the code you have used for points 2 and 3?

Thanks a lot!

PS. I have a lot of files where the adress and file name changed: i.e. "/tmp/php5owXoP" where it should be a jpg file.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by audisport.
More
13 years 1 month ago #14 by audisport
Here's attached how looks like the most part of my old attachments in sql. As you can see, the folder, but also the filename and the filetype have changed to something which I do not understand...

Thanks a lot for your assistance.
Attachments:
More
13 years 1 month ago #15 by mwmills
It appears your problem while similar to mine is different. Afraid I cannot help, perhaps someone else will have more insight on this. Sorry and good luck.
More
13 years 1 month ago #16 by audisport
Thanks mwmills.

Can any one help on this? I do not understand why all the attachments avec been lost and my site will re-open in production on March 5th...

Thanks a lot for your assistance,
More
13 years 1 month ago #17 by audisport
Could anyone help please? Have been the only one to got this problem?

Thanks a lot!
More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #18 by hayden
AudioSport:

I am not sure how to fix tons of these, I guess you would need to edit the table. Here is how I fixed the 17 issues I had. It seems that the images were left back in the URL for FBfiles. So this is my solution...

#1. browse to the files:

#2.

#3.

#4.

#5.

Here is my solved thread used in these images...
ipyoa.com/forum/44-plumbing/127-water-pu...t-kept-cycling-onoff

Now:
Can someone explain how to do this for hundreds of images? Someone needs to explain how to edit the source table for hundreds of broken images. Lucky for me, I only had 17 so I did them all this way.

Hope this helps..

Hayden
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by hayden.
More
13 years 1 month ago #19 by Matias
So the issue was different than I thought it would be.. Luckily we did not delete the original files, so they are still in there.

Anyway, some version of FB/Kunena seems to have had broken attachments logic. The issue seems to be that the filename was accidentally tempfile, not the real name. Kunena 1.5 tried to find attachments by looking their name inside messages, but Kunena 1.6 was different and started to use information from the database (much faster).

During upgrade copying those files failed, mostly because of there was wrong filename saved into database. So the file was seen as deleted. The same issue comes when you copy the files -- they cannot be found because of Kunena looks at wrong file.

I think that it's possible to get the files to work again, but I'm not yet sure how to do it automatically.
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #20 by fsoares
Hi Matias,

I have made an script for correct this(or part) in mySQL...

CAUTION: BACKUP YOUR DATABASE FIRST

Read all frist and if you´re not secure in run this, DO NOT DO

PROCESS TO GET ALL ATTACHMENTS WORKING RIGHT:

Note: This occurs because the converter script not worked as expected and made confusions... ( I´m refering to old versions of script go.php)

First you need copy all files from old folders to new folders:

-> from "images/fbfiles/files" to "/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files"
and
-> from "images/fbfiles/images" to "/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images"

Second, run these mysql scripts IN THIS ORDER:
Code:
UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'JPG', 'jpg'); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'jpg', 'image/jpg'); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'JPEG', 'jpeg'); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'jpeg', 'image/jpeg'); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'GIF', 'gif'); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'gif', 'image/gif'); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'PNG', 'png'); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'png', 'image/png'); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'txt', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'TXT', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'rtf', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'RTF', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'pdf', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'PDF', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'zip', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'ZIP', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'rar', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'RAR', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'tar', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'TAR', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'gz', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'GZ', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'tgz', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'TGZ', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'bz2', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET filetype = REPLACE(filetype, 'BZ2', ''); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET folder = REPLACE(folder, 'images/fbfiles/files', 'media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files'); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET folder = REPLACE(folder, 'images/fbfiles/images', 'media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images'); UPDATE jos_kunena_attachments SET folder = REPLACE(folder, 'media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files', 'media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images') WHERE filetype LIKE '%image/%'; UPDATE jos_kunena_messages_text SET message = REPLACE(message, 'images/fbfiles/files', 'media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files'); UPDATE jos_kunena_messages_text SET message = REPLACE(message, 'images/fbfiles/images', 'media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images');

Tested with Kunena 1.6.4 after update from the Fireboard 1.0.4, in that the data have been migrated from a phpBB3 3.0.5 forum. :)

Fernando Soares - Mantendo sua Tecnologia
Hospedagem Joomla e VirtueMart Hosting
twitter.com/fernando_soares
www.fernandosoares.com.br
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by fsoares.
Time to create page: 0.467 seconds