Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [RESOLVED] Font size in message editor is too small; users cannot read it

More
12 years 7 months ago #21 by Display
Replied by Display on topic Re: Aw: Characters to small
Hello Rich

Thats fix the problem

Thanks

peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #22 by Display
I was too quick
The problem is still there and now it is in the quickreply box. with the firefox browser 6.0.2
in IE i dont have the problem

Peter

More
12 years 7 months ago #23 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Aw: Characters to small
Try also additionally
Code:
#Kunena textarea { font-size: 1.5em; }
The following user(s) said Thank You: Display

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #24 by Display
this option fix also the problem

but i switch back to joomla 1.5 and kunena 1.7 to mutch problems at the moment
to many views in the forum and i dont understand why i have to make this changes in my joomla template in joomla 15 it works oke so i think joomla 17 gives to many problems at the moment

Peter
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Display.

More
12 years 5 months ago #25 by jsgros
up

i try both solutions , compress the forum.css file in minified css but no more

an idea ?

thanks

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #26 by sozzled
I don't know how many times I have to write this but I will write it again: do not try to edit the file ../components/com_kunena/template/default/css/kunena.forum-min.css.

Please read the FAQs page (under the section that reads " How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena? ").

jsgros wrote:

an[y] idea?

Yes, I have lots of ideas. How about trying to use Firebug (or some other web design tool) to diagnose and fix the CSS? Try modifying your site template CSS file instead of trying to play with the Kunena template CSS file(s), as suggested in the FAQs page? This is not a Kunena problem, is it? I mean, you don't have a problem with the font size at this website ( www.kunena.org ), do you?
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 5 months ago #27 by toonoflancing
Hi guys

I'm trying to find out why the text is so small in the editor but seem to go round in circles. There's all sorts of comments arounf about what should be changed but none of it worked for me.

Before anyone jumps down my throat about my confoiguration being the problem here's a screen shot from YOUR forum where I'm typing this message:

Is there no parameter setting in your package for choosing what text size the visitor sees and uses?

Regards
Howard
Attachments:

More
12 years 5 months ago #28 by xillibit
Hello,

You can't set the size of text like that, you have maybe a specific joomla! template which set a small size of text. Try to look with firebug, if you can change something

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #29 by sozzled
G'day, Howard, and welcome to Kunena.

I think it's fair to say that this is a question that we are asked often. Font size is a somewhat personal thing and everyone has a different opinion about adding, potentially, many hundreds of extra configuration settings to change font style without having to know the fundamentals of HTML, CSS or webcraft. The font sizes used in Kunena are based on the font size of the Joomla site template and (in many cases) they may appear a little smaller than how the text finally renders after a forum message is posted.

Based on what is written in this topic - and verified using web design tools such as Firebug (an add-on for Firefox) which, in my opinion, is something that everyone should equip themselves with and learn how to use - you need to add the following three lines to the end of your Joomla site template:
Code:
#Kunena table#kpostmessage .ktxtarea { font-size: 125%; }
That's all you need to do. If that does not change the font size to a sufficient level of "largeness" then experiment with different settings (e.g. 150%, 160%, 1.5em, etc.) as discussed earlier in this topic.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago #30 by Acidrainopg
Thank you so much for this easy and straight forward fix!

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds