Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Formatting Issue - Welcome User / Statistics Areas

More
11 years 11 months ago #11 by michalis
this is very unsettling

I have exactly the same problem but I cant get it to work

went to my templates css folder and edited styles.css, removing all clear:both commands

but nothing changed

is there anything else I can do

I know I should get a new template but I am a novice at this, I've put in a lot of hours in trying to make my website work and if I change the template now all my time will have been wasted

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #12 by sozzled
I am sorry, michalis, but when people write " I have the same problem ... " (when the problem is a case of My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ) and they don't tell us anything about their site there's nothing more that we can do to help.

I understand that you may be a novice "at this"; I commiserate with you for the time you've spent that may have been wasted. We've all been there before when we've spent hours or even a couple of days trying to solve a problem and, at the end of it, thrown in the towel and said "to hell with it!" It doesn't make you a lesser person to admit defeat; it makes you a better person for having had the experience.

As we have written (in My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ) it is not our responsibility to fix up the mistakes caused by other Joomla developers who have designed their extensions in such ways that they do not work properly with Joomla or with any other Joomla extensions. If you bought someone else's template then, in the first place, you should go to the people who designed it and say "I can't make your template work with Kunena. What can you do to help me?" That's what you should do first and then you would not have to spend hours trying to undo their mistakes, too.

But if you want help from this community you have to be prepared to offer something in return for that help; information that may help us to understand your problem better would be a good start.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #13 by michalis
thank you for replying

I have installed kunena 1.7.2, joomla 2.5.4 and I am using the ifreedom template I got for free from www.qualityjoomlatemplates.com/

I sent the website a message, dont know if they will answer

since I decided to start a website I started reading up on css and php but my understanding of it is still limited, I have been using firebug all day and still cant figure out were the problem is

if you can give me any direction of what I should be looking for, great

if not, maybe you can direct me to some templates that do not clash with kunena, I dont mind if it is not free, were is the template on this site from, i like the simplicity
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by michalis.

More
11 years 11 months ago #14 by sozzled

michalis wrote: if you can give me any direction of what I should be looking for, great

Use the Beez20 template that comes with Joomla. It's free, it's simple, it works and you can customise it to your heart's content.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds