Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question How to change category icons on K1.6.x

More
12 years 10 months ago #21 by athahana
Hello,

I have two questions about category icons (1_notlogin.gif, 1_on.gif,_ 1_off.gif...)...
Is there a way to use png images instead of gif ones?
For wich state are the icons : on=new mssage?, off=no new? notlogin=???).

Thanks a lot.

Atha
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #22 by sozzled
G'day, athahana, and welcome to Kunena.

For the second question you asked, the answers are given in this topic.

For the first question that you asked, you can change the image from .GIF to .PNG but you need to modify the Kunena source code to achieve that. I'm sorry, I don't know specifically what line(s) of code you need to change. Probably a good idea to use .PNG files because of better colour representation and less artifacting but, I'm sorry, I don't know the reasons why the project team decided to use .GIF instead.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 9 months ago #23 by whawz
Hi,

I would like to ask..

I tried to change icon for subcategories and categories. But it's affected all categories and subcategories.

What i wish to do is, i wanna have different icon for each category and subcategory.

For example: Icon are based on the title of category.

Thank you.
More
12 years 9 months ago #24 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, whawz, and welcome to Kunena.

The answer to your question is given in msg #2 of this topic. For each category, you need three images. I hope this helps
The following user(s) said Thank You: whawz
More
12 years 7 months ago #25 by PCFlip
I searched and found an old thread from 2 years back and when I tried its instructions well I couldnt find the folders and I search a bit more but no luck.

So I was wondering I am running the latest K forum and J1.7, can I change the individual category icons? to something else?

Again sorry if this has been asked but I do appreciate the help.
More
12 years 7 months ago #26 by soundlover
If you are referring to: folder, folder_nonew.
Those are located in your Kunena template that you are using, images/icons/
More
12 years 7 months ago #27 by PCFlip
okay I just took a look so I guess thats still a no to being able to have individual icon images for each forum section. I wonder how hard it would be to add this feature in the next release?
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #28 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Change category icon
*** Topics merged ***

PCFlip: your last two messages freely interchanged the terms "thread", "category" and "section". We don't use the term "thread" any more these days; we call them topics. Topic icons are something entirely different. Because someone kept confusing the "topic icons" with "category icons" we had to lock this thread (see msg #20 ). It's a pity we had to lock this thread because some people were unwilling to co-operate and stay on-topic. It means that if we merge other questions into a locked topic, people no longer have the ability to ask further questions unless we unlock the topic.

PCFlip wrote: I am running the latest K forum and J1.7, can I change the individual category icons?

Your question is about category icons. The answer to your question is given in Category icons in the Wiki.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.495 seconds