Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question How to change category icons on K1.6.x

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #11 by applehc
Ahh, OK!

but folder_nonew.png and folder.png change all icons, no?

I need change 17 categories icons.

Yes, I use Blue Eagle (default) template.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by applehc.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #12 by sozzled
Change those two files (that I mentioned in my last post) changes the icons used in every categories. If you want different icons for each category then you have to make them yourself (three files for each category). Do you understand?
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #13 by applehc
Yes, I created 3 icons for different categories. My question is where the insert icons.

with that name I have to replace folder_nonew.png and folder.png??

To complete all... I have to replace folder_nonew.png and folder.png + and create 67_notlogin.gif, 67_on.gif, 67_on.gif in ../media/kunena/attachments/legacy/category_images ?? both??
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by applehc.
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #14 by sozzled
If you want to change one, several, or all category icons for each of the categories then you need to create the files <cat-id>_notlogin.gif, <cat-id>_on.gif, <cat-id>_on.gif and place them in ../media/kunena/attachments/legacy/category_images

If you want to change all category icons to be the same for all categories, you need to replace the two files folder_nonew.png and folder.png in the folder ../components/com_kunena/template/default/images/icons

And that's it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robytotem
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #15 by applehc
Thank you sozzled ;)
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #16 by applehc
can increase the size to put a big icon?
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #17 by Walter
Hi.. I would like to add new icons ../components/com_kunena/template/default/images/icons.
How can I do?

Thanks
More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #18 by sozzled
Walter: As I said earlier, if we are talking about category icons, you can replace the standard category icons by replacing the two files folder_nonew.png and folder.png in the folder ../components/com_kunena/template/default/images/icons

You can add other files to this folder, if you like. How you use them, after you upload them to you site, is your business.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #19 by Walter

sozzled wrote: Walter: As I said earlier, if we are talking about category icons, you can replace the standard category icons by replacing the two files folder_nonew.png and folder.png in the folder ../components/com_kunena/template/default/images/icons

You can add other files to this folder, if you like. How you use them, after you upload them to you site, is your business.

thanks for your help.
I don't talk to have a new icon for a specific and one category. I would like to add different icons which are choosing by the user when someone open a new post.
Now there are 7 icons... I need to have more.
I tried to add (via FTP) someone but I cannot see them on the page.

I'M really sorry if I didn't be clear.
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by Walter.
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #20 by sozzled

Walter wrote: I don't talk to have a new icon for a specific and one category. I would like to add different icons which are choosing by the user when someone open a new post.

As I wrote above, this topic is about category icons. This topic is not about topic icons. You are changing the subject and your question will confuse others. There are other topics that show you how to add topic icons. Please search for "topic icons" for the answers.

*** Topic locked to prevent further confusion ***
The following user(s) said Thank You: Walter
Time to create page: 0.484 seconds