Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged [Resolved] [Merged topic] Blurred, blurry, fuzzy, text in category headers (text-shadow)

More
12 years 11 months ago #11 by OliRC
And just to confirm, my text shadow was indeed originating from my Joomla template.

On a side note - Safari does come with a Developers menu which can be enabled in preferences. I was able to use it do locate the file that I needed to adjust.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #12 by james2581
I am having the same problem with a template I am using. I see that shadow text must be disabled or code removed from the above post. Can you explain how to do that? Can this be done in the template manager edit css option thats built into joomla?

james

Check out My online community. Once you stop by you will be hooked. www.JameZtown.com

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #13 by OliRC
Hi James,

Are you able to use something like Firebug? Or if you happen to be on a Mac, you can enable the developer menu in Safari, to do similar things. This would allow you to pinpoint the file, and indeed the piece of code, which you need to remove/alter.

I didn't take note of exactly what I did because I thought it wouldn't be consisted with other templates.

If you post up a link to your site, or PM it to me, I could take a look and see if I can work it out.

:)
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by OliRC.

More
12 years 10 months ago #14 by james2581
ok now this is just getting weird. In google chrome its blurry. In Windows Explorer it's perfect.

I don't have firebug, but I saw somewhere google chrome has something similar built in. Where?

The link is www.JameZtown.com but I guess it will only be blurry for some people.

Weird.......

Check out My online community. Once you stop by you will be hooked. www.JameZtown.com

More
12 years 10 months ago #15 by 9themestore
Hi,

Open the www.jameztown.com/templates/siteground-j16-3/css/template.css file and go to about line 200. Delete the line
Code:
text-shadow: 1px 1px #FFFFFF;

I hope it work. :)

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OliRC

More
12 years 10 months ago #16 by OliRC
That looks like it'll do the trick. :cheer:

You could also just change the Hex code if you fancied changing the shadow to a different colour. However, I found on my site that it also change things elsewhere and I couldn't find a colour that would work throughout, so I just removed it.

Also worth noting, if you change to a different template, you may have to change it's template.css file again, but at least you'll know how to do it now.

:woohoo:

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #17 by sozzled

james2581 wrote: I don't have firebug, but I saw somewhere google chrome has something similar built in. Where?

Right mouse-click the element on the page that you want to look at, then select Inspect Element from the context menu. You access Firebug the same way in Firefox. In Internet Explorer you have to press F12
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 10 months ago #18 by james2581
thanks so much, I removed the code "text-shadow:1px 1px #fff;" and it worked great.

Glad I found this board and excited to learn more about this software.

James

More
12 years 1 month ago #19 by arjan
Replied by arjan on topic english text looks blurry
Hi there,

first time here. Don't know if i'm in the right place but hopefully someone can direct me to the right place if i'm not.
I have installed the latest kunena forum in my joomla 2.5 and it looks good except for the english text which looks blurry. The swedish text looks good. Somebody knows the answer to that?

More
12 years 1 month ago #20 by CheechDogg
Hello arjan, please post your forums configuration report. We don't know if you mean the text for your main site or your kunena forums. Your report will help us see what is going on.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds